News   Jul 11, 2024
 477     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 597     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 727     0 

Goldie's Toronto

A wonderful link Mustapha - thanks.
Herzog's photographs are not only colourful but absolutely beautiful!
He has such an amazing eye for 'street photography.'

This Globe & Mail interview with Herzog is extremely revealing:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...g-the-holocaust-and-me/article4104746/?page=1

That was very revealing; surprising and shocking, even.

Backpacks.

R0010318.jpg

Visited "Word on the Street" in Queen's Park and found much more of interest in the monuments and architectural details of the surrounding area.
I was quite unaware of those magnificent homes in the University grounds.

monumentandflag.jpg

Sculpture by William McElcheran at Kelly Library
sculpturebyWilliamMcElcheranatKellyLibrary.jpg

towerandbalcony-47QueensParkCresE.jpg

CUnumbertwo-ElmsleyPlace.jpg

Rear of Kelly Library - 1001 Bay St. in background
KellyLibrary-rear-1001BayBG.jpg

McLuhan's place, apparently abandoned
McLuhansplace.jpg

Sir John A. and the power
UniversityCollege.jpg

Gotta go!
gottago.jpg

Horse-play
horse-playQueensPark.jpg

Thanks Mustapha - great shot!
This could become a habit - a different (red) car every day.
I love red cars!

Calling all photography enthusiasts!
The largest photography "flea market" in Canada is being held on Sunday, Oct. 14.
You won't believe the bargains in cameras, enlargers, darkroom equipment, video, lighting, books, film, etc.
Plenty of used film cameras at great prices and many new digital cameras, too.

photographyfleamarket.jpg

Calling all photography enthusiasts!
The largest photography "flea market" in Canada is being held on Sunday, Oct. 14.
You won't believe the bargains in cameras, enlargers, darkroom equipment, video, lighting, books, film, etc.
Plenty of used film cameras at great prices and many new digital cameras, too.

photographyfleamarket.jpg
Seriously? The same day as the last day of the Henry's camera show? Bad timing.

Here's a news item from 55 years ago:

Eglintonextension1957.jpg

Boy, you got a lot for your four million bucks in those days. :) I wish they'd carried on and kept putting Leslie south back then instead of stopping there. It's probably too much hassle now.

I had to stop and think for a moment when they said it would end at Keele. I guess that's right; it didn't always cross the Humber either, did it? Then it took over Richview Sideroad in Etobicoke and Baseline Road in Mississauga. Now you could drive clear from Kingston Road out to 5th Line in Halton without interruption, though the name would change on you crossing 9th Line.

Now you could drive clear from Kingston Road out to 5th Line in Halton without interruption, though the name would change on you crossing 9th Line.

Eglinton now goes a couple hundred metres further west to the bridge over the 407. Since Milton transferred the strip of land between the 407 and Ninth Line to Mississauga, the portion of Lower Baseline in between has been renamed to Eglinton Ave. The street signs at Ninth Line & Eglinton have an extra sign on the west side of the intersection underneath the Eglinton Ave. sign saying "Formerly Lower Baseline".

Back