News   Mar 28, 2024
 925     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 530     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 830     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Bradford has a system like this - taxi rides to meet peak-hour GO trains were only 25 cents a ride pre-pandemic. I'm not sure how this has changed with the BWG Transit subsidy though. A system like that from St. Thomas to London could be useful, but I question if it would tamper momentum for a proper bus connection between the two.
What happened to the pilot project to bring GO transit on demand to Cobourg?

What happened to the pilot project to bring GO transit on demand to Cobourg?
Northumberland County launched "Commuter Connect" back in September, a shuttle bus that includes a line between Cobourg and Oshawa GO. It's a fixed route with two morning trips and three afternoon/evening trips.

Cobourg has a separate on-demand transit system within the town itself that doesn't seem to be related.

Durham transit has on demand presently for service outside its regular bus routes & times. Users are to utilize the Transit app in conjunction with the DRT On Demand app to schedule ride (car sharing @ the price of regular fare). I believe free transfers from GO service, and I don't believe they increased service during the strike to compensate.

Apparently it works best by calling instead of the app. I've never been able to get it work, and the android version in the app store has terrible reviews. It honestly discouraged me from trying anymore. And to rub salt in the wound, the region recently got an award for the service.

Last edited:
I think one of the big issues for ML is getting rid of the grade crossings. While it may not be a big issue on the outer areas of the service ie on the way to Barrie or Kitchener, for the RER {or whatever the hell they are calling it now} it will become a necessity.

Right now, the increases in GO service are welcomed by the public but as service levels increase exponentially, the push back from those same citizens will become
very vocal. It's one thing to have a train going by every 15 minutes but when service is increased to trains going by every 6 or 7 minutes in rush hour and every 10 minutes all day, people will start to get pissed off. That will mean that a train will be crossing that street every 3 or 4 minutes bringing traffic to a near perpetual standstill and, having to listen to those VERY loud train horns every time it goes by. It would be enough to drive anyone nuts and will become a real issue as residents will be infuriated by it and I can't say I would blame them.

There is a tentative deal between Mx's workers and Mx.

All going well, they'll be back on the job by Saturday.

They just told people to take the nonexistent shuttle bus…

4657AC0C-61BD-4354-AC58-0D6CAAA071F5.jpeg

Also they’re connecting two trains together, making a 24 car train plus 2 locomotives. That’s pretty cool.

Pretty much the only reason nurse's make the sunshine list is if they do a crap ton of overtime...

I still petition for sunshine lists to show hours worked... they would be very surprised.

To be fair, overtime is how many TTC operators get on the Sunshine List.

Some operators either have a screw loose or no life and insist upon doing an insane amount of overtime. Nobody ever tells them no with all the shuttles, etc needed. As you said, if the hours worked was shown on the list heads would roll. It would also lead to many people being forced to take time off.

Back