News   Apr 26, 2024
 777     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 251     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 741     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

LSW service update for tomorrow.

20200224_230856.jpg

While I am no fan of ML's communications strategy generally, I have to comment that their communication re today's event hit a new low.

ML obviously believes that the public are idiots and can be lulled into a soporific bliss if they issue enough meaningless platitudes.

"Developing safety incident' is the most disgusting example of condescending PR-speak they have produced. Safety incident my a**.

ML has no intention to be transparent about anything, even an emergent service problem.

We read the papers. We understand what is happening. Spit it out, folks.

- Paul

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 4.58.51 PM.png

The Canpa Sub would be really useful for Milton Line diversions right now, if it had a southern east direction connection track to the Lakeshore West line. Technically, GO could still use it, but not without some tricky back-up movements on the LSW line, which would really put a dent in service.

I am surprised they did not evacuate and/or lockdown the York Concourse given the amount of people. You would think that something in the fire code would have forced their hand.

Do recall they had a similar situation during a concert a few months ago where Bondfield closed off doors and Toronto Fire hit the roof.

With that many people all it would take is a security or safety incident cause a fatal stampede.

Back