News   Mar 28, 2024
 63     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

It would definitely be great, but the tracks are unfortunately about 10 miles outside of town.

In both cases, you would need bus connections, but I think the tourism benefits would far out-way the costs.

Even if the tracks are 10 miles from Wasaga Beach, you could just build new tracks. It would be a boon to the Wasaga Beach economy, so I'm sure the local town council would go for it.

Not possible...there's trees in the way and it'd have to cross like two roads.
Well CLEARLY the solution is an elevated ICTS line connecting the two locations, allowing for minimal disruption of trees and roads. That or a subway connection. God, you have to start thinking like the bureaucracy if you're going to get anywhere.

Why not just make the trip virtual? Then you won't have to worry about trees and roads in the way

Well CLEARLY the solution is an elevated ICTS line connecting the two locations, allowing for minimal disruption of trees and roads. That or a subway connection. God, you have to start thinking like the bureaucracy if you're going to get anywhere.
Speaking of subway connections to Georgian Bay, I honestly heard this on the subway this morning...

Man #1: Look at that map, you'd think they'd have extended the subway to Steeles by now.
Man #2: Oh it's under construction now. They announced it a while back. It should be open soon.
Man #1: Well that's good, but with everyone moving north of the city, why aren't they talking about extending it to Richmond Hill or even Barrie?
Man #2: I have no idea, but they should! However, it's the TTC we are talking about so it'll never happen.
Man #1 & Man #2: Hahaha.

Well that's good, but with everyone moving north of the city, why aren't they talking about extending it to Richmond Hill or even Barrie?

Who in their right mind would suggest a 200km subway line to Geogrian Bay? On the other hand extending the GO line to Barrie, possibly Orillia...hmm!

Predictions:
Bradford GO extended through...

infill
Holland Landing

existing bus service upgrade
Churchill
Stroud
Painswick
Barrie

new tracks/area covered
Shanty Bay
Oro-Medonte
Orillia

This would be inclusive of all day service between Union GO and Newmarket GO and AM/PM rush service to Barrie/Orillia.

The extension of the GO trains to Barrie will start service on December 17 (Merry Christmas, Barrie!) and all-day service will be introduced as soon as the track improvements are complete. They're included as part of the MoveOntario 2020 Quick Win projects.

new tracks/area covered
Shanty Bay
Oro-Medonte
Orillia

This would be inclusive of all day service between Union GO and Newmarket GO and AM/PM rush service to Barrie/Orillia.

That's not going to work...Barrie's building stuff where the downtown tracks [to Orillia] used to be.

...and all-day service will be introduced as soon as the track improvements are complete. They're included as part of the MoveOntario 2020 Quick Win projects.

2010 they say. Sounds like a good timeframe for a "quick-win" to me.

The Milton line needs all-day service first and is STILL not getting it. *angry*

Back