News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 468     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Sorry if this was already posted, but new September GO bus schedule changes are up here. Nothing on train changes yet.

Looks like we won’t see any changes to non-Lakeshore Line train schedules, given that the changes to “Train-Bus” routes like 21, 31, 65, and 71 are minor improvements and schedule adjustments.

Sorry if this was already posted, but new September GO bus schedule changes are up here. Nothing on train changes yet.
If you search schedules for September, the data now includes the bus changes. Presumably they'd have uploaded any train changes at the same time.

If you can't see any in the data, and there page for train changes for September is empty, than presumably there are none.

Was there a particular one that was expected?

If you search schedules for September, the data now includes the bus changes. Presumably they'd have uploaded any train changes at the same time.

If you can't see any in the data, and there page for train changes for September is empty, than presumably there are none.

Was there a particular one that was expected?

There were extensive rumours on this forum of some big changes like 15-min Lakeshore East trains, and CN signing off on more Kitchener Line service. Also Metrolinx CEO Phil Verster did a video a few months back discussing a 29% increase in train service for this year over the network. Was hoping/expecting some of this would come this fall.

There were extensive rumours on this forum of some big changes like 15-min Lakeshore East trains, and CN signing off on more Kitchener Line service. Also Metrolinx CEO Phil Verster did a video a few months back discussing a 29% increase in train service for this year over the network. Was hoping/expecting some of this would come this fall.

Perhaps the sign-offs came too late. GO has another major board change in November, I think.

Can’t even access September 1 on their online schedules.
So, today, I tried to find out what time the KW trains to the Ex are running.....I couldn't find it so I asked on twitter which led to a very strange exhange and experience.

upload_2018-8-22_16-26-18.png

After which I was told:

https://twitter.com/GOtransitKT/status/1032362717984817152

upload_2018-8-22_16-27-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-22_16-26-18.png
    upload_2018-8-22_16-26-18.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 807
  • upload_2018-8-22_16-27-26.png
    upload_2018-8-22_16-27-26.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 714
So, today, I tried to find out what time the KW trains to the Ex are running.....I couldn't find it so I asked on twitter which led to a very strange exhange and experience.

View attachment 154172

After which I was told:

https://twitter.com/GOtransitKT/status/1032362717984817152

View attachment 154173

Lol what this is weird. This is (not) peak customer service. I'm trying to figure out what the implications of these comments are re: the new GO Train schedule.

Lol what this is weird. This is (not) peak customer service. I'm trying to figure out what the implications of these comments are re: the new GO Train schedule.
What is so concerning is that this isn't an isolated incident. I've long ago learned to ask for a supervisor so if I still can't get a reply that makes sense, I can quote them and their ID.

they kept telling me the schedule was up but there was no link to a page....so there are two "schedule" pages on their new web page. One is "plan your trip" in it you have to tell what time you are either leaving or arriving (like triplinx) so trying to find the trains is a guessing game.....the other is "get schedules" where you give your travel date and start/end points....problem is once you enter a start point, you can only pick endpoints that are part of that route....so on days when they run KW trains to the EX you can't find the trains.....the third attempt was me just thinking "well the trains have to go through union anyway" so I had Union at the end point....that is when I discovered that on September 1 (and presumably 2 and 3 also - although I did not check) the schedules are blank (buses and trains) and then they admitted that their first answer to me about the schedules being up was a falsehood because, well, they don't have approval yet for the trains they announced and since they don't have the trains scheduled they can't confirm/publish the bus schedule (my words interpreting their last tweet).

Seriously, this is an embarrassment.

Seriously, this is an embarrassment.

Approved by whom, I wonder.

If GO can’t get its own people to commit, that’s ridiculous.

If CN won’t agree, that’s a statement of a different colour.

If the crews won’t sign for overtime, that’s just troubling.

Or - if extra service is somehow tied up in the province’s announced spending freeze, in that it’s not a scheduled regular run but rater a ‘discretionary’ expense, that’s political fodder.

We simply don’t know.

- Paul

Approved by whom, I wonder.

If GO can’t get its own people to commit, that’s ridiculous.

If CN won’t agree, that’s a statement of a different colour.

If the crews won’t sign for overtime, that’s just troubling.

Or - if extra service is somehow tied up in the province’s announced spending freeze, in that it’s not a scheduled regular run but rater a ‘discretionary’ expense, that’s political fodder.

We simply don’t know.

- Paul
You don’t think the problem is that they announced a service two weeks ago that they still don’t know they can provide and until they know that their schedules show that there is no service (buses or trains) in the corridor?

You don’t think the problem is that they announced a service two weeks ago that they still don’t know they can provide and until they know that their schedules show that there is no service (buses or trains) in the corridor?

There you go, thinking right hand and left hand ought to talk to each other.......

- Paul

Back