News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Probably not. Metrolinx also assists smaller Ontario transit agencies with bus procurement.
This is precisely what the tender is for.

GO will need to put out to tender an order for its own buses soon, but it will list far fewer vehicle versions that the respondents need to bid on than this one.

Dan

There was a big screw up today on that train, the operating crew failed to notice an incorrectly set manual switch and ended up going into the wrong platform at Georgetown. They managed to stop on the switch before they would come into contact with a train if there was one parked there, but that’s still a big no-no.

So it would have been one of these?

Screenshot_2023-10-08_120523.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-08_120523.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-08_120523.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Possible. Metrolinx is taking a look at conventional coaches again. Apparently they are no longer interested in double deckers. They also wanted something low floor, but didn’t like the layout of the D45 CRT LE.

Why wouldn't they be interested in double deckers?

Possible. Metrolinx is taking a look at conventional coaches again. Apparently they are no longer interested in double deckers. They also wanted something low floor, but didn’t like the layout of the D45 CRT LE.
Unfortunately a 45 foot low floor bus doesn't exist. LFS suburban?

Not exactly a 45 footer, but Solaris manufactured a 47 footer until 2018, and according to the Polish page for this bus again since 2020 as an e-bus.

That being said, I would not want to ride a transit designed bus on GO. The comfort level of the double deckers is appalling enough.

They were even looking at a custom product at one point as well as conventional transit buses. But from what I’ve heard, they’re back on to looking for a conventional high floor coach.

Why wouldn't they be interested in double deckers?
This is just what I’ve heard from various drivers, but the double deckers aren’t well liked. The second generation ones were just awful and it might be why they’re all retired. The SuperLos are better, but they have their fair share of complaints from drivers and maybe some passengers. If you take a close look at them you can see the build quality is lacking. Some of them leak like crazy in the rain.

They were even looking at a custom product at one point as well as conventional transit buses. But from what I’ve heard, they’re back on to looking for a conventional high floor coach.

This is just what I’ve heard from various drivers, but the double deckers aren’t well liked. The second generation ones were just awful and it might be why they’re all retired. The SuperLos are better, but they have their fair share of complaints from drivers and maybe some passengers. If you take a close look at them you can see the build quality is lacking. Some of them leak like crazy in the rain.
Probably worse after New Flyer took over lol

Let’s hope there’s no major TTC disruptions on this day: View attachment 512013
I still think this connection needs massive improvement, and preferably a grade separation- no matter the difficulty within financial reason. It *should* be a vital transfer point and the area can easily be a sub-centre/node for Scarborough and the entire East End. It is a perfect mirror to Dundas West-Bloor GO, we only need to make it feel seamless.

Last edited:
I still think this connection needs massive improvement, and preferably a grade separation- no matter the difficulty. It *should* be a vital transfer point and the area can easily be a sub-centre/node for Scarborough and the entire East End. It is a perfect mirror to Dundas West-Bloor GO, we only need to make it feel seamless.
"No matter the difficulty" is a poor way to allocate public expenditure. The public benefits that a project brings should be weighed against the costs - namely the financial burden on citizens to pay for the construction and maintenance.

Back