News   Jul 12, 2024
 854     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 768     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 324     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

This is a good thing — doing maintenance when barely anyone is on it. The buses will probably be faster anyways.

For those going directly to Aurora, sure. But for others, there will still be a forced transfer at Aurora. The direct train service to Barrie is much faster, though the bus between Union and Aurora is faster with only regular traffic flows on on the DVP and 404 as there are no stops in between the Wellington Road carpool lot and Union Terminal.

It would be great if GO temporarily lifted the ban on bicycles during rush hour for trains bound to Union.
I doubt anyone would say anything if you took your bike into Union during "rush hour" anyway since rush hour doesn't really exist anymore. I took my bike on the subway at rush hour last week and no one said anything since there was tons of room.

I doubt anyone would say anything if you took your bike into Union during "rush hour" anyway since rush hour doesn't really exist anymore. I took my bike on the subway at rush hour last week and no one said anything since there was tons of room.

Yeah id say that the ban has pretty much been unofficially lifted.

The Barrie line hardly had anybody on it during midday. It felt like there were only 3 people, including myself on the entire length of the line

The GO parking lot near me is a ghost town. In pre-COVID times, you didn't get a parking spot after 7:30 am. Now there's less than 25 cars parked there at any given time.

The GO parking lot near me is a ghost town. In pre-COVID times, you didn't get a parking spot after 7:30 am. Now there's less than 25 cars parked there at any given time.

The Lakeshore Line stations remain open, even on weekends, making them useful stops for washroom breaks, or to learn to drive in an empty parking lot.

Last edited:
Yeah id say that the ban has pretty much been unofficially lifted.
I've seen food delivery bike riders taking advantage of the subway and streetcars to make at least a part of their trip now. I had seen it on rare occasions before, but it appears more common now at rush hour, especially when the weather has not been great like the past few days. I guess in part because more people are home at "rush hour."

Back