News   Mar 28, 2024
 742     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 495     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 805     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

It's actually for snow and ice removal from switches that don't have heaters on them they can drive it to a location and use it to melt ice and snow. I think they alos have a hi rail version of it too.

That is a hi-rail. You can see the rail wheels behind the front and rear axles.

I took this photo from a bridge in Georgetown today. This car was on the tail end of a CN freight train, on its way to Aldershot, where it will be switched out for delivery to GO at Mimico.

I got a chuckle over the instructions taped to the front of the car, which is facing east.

Yeah, I know....there's a wye at Mimico. Good thing, too.

- Paul

GO 324.jpg

Attachments

• GO 324.jpg
    GO 324.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,398
Another GO Cab car sitting at lambton this evening. There might have been a second but the bus was moving too fast to tell.

Not directed at you Drum, but I need to ask this as a general question....

Why is this news if China does it, when Japan has been working on hybrid railcars for approaching 20 years?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

simple...because here in Canada, when it comes to transit tech, we are decades behind the rest of the world. Its like we just got the iron curtain of transportation lifted these last 5 years.

Not directed at you Drum, but I need to ask this as a general question....

Why is this news if China does it, when Japan has been working on hybrid railcars for approaching 20 years?

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
As noted above, we are not 20 years behind Europe, but close to 40.

In fairest, know next to nothing regarding hybrid trains from Japan or anywhere else, but NA is missing in action 100%.

China is great for copying other people designs, but they have now learn how to RD to the point they don't have to these days.

Don't recall reading or seeing anything related to Japan Hybrid trains in the past 10 years.

Japan was the leader on many fronts over the decades, but other places have caught up to them and past them on a number of those fronts.

Its the same thing when it comes to construction, we learn how to improve our skills or technology from Europe as well import it.

Right now, there about 10 years differences between Japan & China for running test trains to in service trains with Japan leading the way.

A quick look at Japan Hybrid Train vs China Hybrid Train, China is ahead of Japan. For the record, Japan first train for testing was 2006 and doesn't match what China is about to do.

How long has NA being working on an electric bus??? How come China has more on the road in NA in a short time???

There are other hybrid trains, such as the spanish Talgo high speed hybrid trains that utilizes an onboard generator when off-catenary.

Back