1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 622     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 903     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Good,
Let BBR taste defeat for once.
Go should definitely look for emus next for their fleet. Even single level dmus for their Rh line

Good,
Let BBR taste defeat for once.
Go should definitely look for emus next for their fleet. Even single level dmus for their Rh line
The only problem with not going with Bombardier is will they still get funds from the government of Ontario. I just don't get what everyone's hate for Bombardier is all of a sudden.

The only problem with not going with Bombardier is will they still get funds from the government of Ontario. I just don't get what everyone's hate for Bombardier is all of a sudden.

Doesn't matter of they get money
As long as they get punished by loss of orders, they will learn to improve their production qc. It's not like it's their first time being late for ttc. The tr order was also quite messed up and delayed

Doesn't matter of they get money
As long as they get punished by loss of orders, they will learn to improve their production qc. It's not like it's their first time being late for ttc. The tr order was also quite messed up and delayed
I don't understand that logic at all and I don't relly see how it would be good to drive a company out of business because of spite from a few poel. The TTC has said numerous times that they are fine with the daniels with the TR trains and they got them all on schedule in the end. Yes they have had problems with the Flexs being delivered, but as long as they order is completed the TTC will most likely order from them again. Alos Go Transit has never had a problem with them before either since they took over UTC. The problems with the Freedoms is more Metrolinx being stupid and setting bad deadlines and making demands for vehicles that they have nowhere to put.

Bombardier has been pumping out Bilevels like clockwork. I don't get the desire to "punish" them here.
It's only the poel that have their panties in a knot about the daylas to the TTC ordr and think they are public transit experts because they read everything from newspapers and other sources. I say let the Transit agencies deal with it on their own. The TTC is keeping their dealings with Bombarder out of the media as much as they can which is what they should be doing, Metrolinx should have done the same but they haven't been around the transit game for that long so don't know the rules they should play by.

Reactions: rbt
I said it before and will say it again, all transit systems should be able to buy X from Y based on real tenders, regardless where funding is coming from in the first place.

If TTC was able to chop off $50-$200 million from an open tender, that saving can be put toward something else sooner than later. We the payers of taxes will end up over time require to pay a lower price for transit fund with those saving going to something that needs money sooner than later.

If a Canadian Company can't complete, then it needs to review its organization to see where changes needs to take place as well the supply chain to be able to do so. As long as our dollar is low, the whole world has a lot of room for cost cutting to be able out bid Canadian companies.

TTC has already stated what its extra cost could look like at the end of the order for 204 cars and why its not saying much at this time. Same goes with delivery of the cars and so far on track as promises in 2016. As long as delivery stay the course, there nothing to be said.

GO Transit is the only buyers these days for bi-levels as the US orders are going to other companies these days. Montreal and SEPTA current orders for bi-levels have gone to China who has an US plant in Mass.

Until Metrolinx does a true open market for GO Transit rolling stock, we have no idea what saving can be had by doing so, as well delivery.

I said it before and will say it again, all transit systems should be able to buy X from Y based on real tenders, regardless where funding is coming from in the first place.

If TTC was able to chop off $50-$200 million from an open tender, that saving can be put toward something else sooner than later. We the payers of taxes will end up over time require to pay a lower price for transit fund with those saving going to something that needs money sooner than later.

If a Canadian Company can't complete, then it needs to review its organization to see where changes needs to take place as well the supply chain to be able to do so. As long as our dollar is low, the whole world has a lot of room for cost cutting to be able out bid Canadian companies.

TTC has already stated what its extra cost could look like at the end of the order for 204 cars and why its not saying much at this time. Same goes with delivery of the cars and so far on track as promises in 2016. As long as delivery stay the course, there nothing to be said.

GO Transit is the only buyers these days for bi-levels as the US orders are going to other companies these days. Montreal and SEPTA current orders for bi-levels have gone to China who has an US plant in Mass.

Until Metrolinx does a true open market for GO Transit rolling stock, we have no idea what saving can be had by doing so, as well delivery.
Big deal so other cities buy from other manufacturers that doesn't me we have to change too. Some people always buy the same car no matter what other people say about it. Talking about what other cities buy on a forum isn't going to make where go trasit or the TTC change where they get something from.

This is the order AMT cancel with BBD some time ago and could be another death nail for Thunder Bay.

These cars were never going to be made in Thunder Bay.

GO Transit is the only buyers these days for bi-levels as the US orders are going to other companies these days.

SunRail and Sounder probably would disagree with you on that. MARC and NJ Transit seem to like all of those MultiLevels that they've received over the past couple of years, as well.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

A friend who is just back from some time in California tells me that MetrolinK has put a fair number of the GO design bilevels in storage.....replaced by newer equipment.

Amazing to think that they have fulfilled a life cycle.

- Paul

Bombardier has been pumping out Bilevels like clockwork.

Those were designed, and the production set up, when CCF was owned by Hawker Siddeley. Like the European Flexities, Bombardier does fine when they have an acquired design in its original plants, and management has nothing to do but sit back and cash the cheques.

A friend who is just back from some time in California tells me that MetrolinK has put a fair number of the GO design bilevels in storage.....replaced by newer equipment.

Amazing to think that they have fulfilled a life cycle.

- Paul

I think a lot of those were bought second hand from GO Transit.

These cars were never going to be made in Thunder Bay.

SunRail and Sounder probably would disagree with you on that. MARC and NJ Transit seem to like all of those MultiLevels that they've received over the past couple of years, as well.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
I don't follow who is getting bi-level, but the last US car I saw was a SunRail in 2014 when it came south passing the West Toronto Diamond construction site I was on at the time and got a so so photo as I wasn't expecting it.

What was built in the past is one thing, but what will be built in the coming year is another thing since CRRC is here now and a few more coming.

Any large order will go to the market these days under Trump rule and it will be how well BBD can complete if the 70% rule comes into effect. If you aren't using Feds money, you can bypass the 70% rule, you still may have to go to market for bids.

Back