News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 566     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 859     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

I notices last week I wasn't hearing the thumb, thumb from the Toronto Diamond like I have in the past while on St Clair.

When I visited the site, the same thing, but with a very low sound from one of the pile driver. It had a cover on it.

What I was seeing were holes been drill and piles been vibrated into position.

1,000 piles done and 1,400 to go.

The north-south tracks have been relocated in places including the diamond

IMG_july-22-09-0269.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0274.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0273.jpg

IMG_july-22-09-0296.jpg

Been vibrated into position
IMG_july-22-09-0297.jpg

Aug 31

The first haft of the Brampton GO south side platform will be completed by year end and be open for service.

The other haft will be done next year and will require Brampton Transit to close their terminal while construction take place.

Elevators will not be in place when the platform opens. You will be able to walk out to the street by a walkway next to the tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgPjYtb6C0g

The first haft of the Brampton GO south side platform will be completed by year end and be open for service.

Yeah, that first half is really coming along....not sure if they planned to do it in stages but it became pretty clear that they were "zooming" along on the western half while doing nothing on the eastern end.

Is your timeline above based on conversations/knowledge or simply an estimate based on what you saw? If it is knowledge, do you know if this staged opening will allow the trains that currently begin and stop at Bramalea (the limited off peak trains) to come and go from Brampton?

The other haft will be done next year and will require Brampton Transit to close their terminal while construction take place.

Elevators will not be in place when the platform opens. You will be able to walk out to the street by a walkway next to the tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgPjYtb6C0g

I guess the busses will simply use temporary stops on Nelson and George like they have in the past when there was construction work at the station?

I notices last week I wasn't hearing the thumb, thumb from the Toronto Diamond like I have in the past while on St Clair.

When I visited the site, the same thing, but with a very low sound from one of the pile driver. It had a cover on it.

What I was seeing were holes been drill and piles been vibrated into position.

1,000 piles done and 1,400 to go.

The north-south tracks have been relocated in places including the diamond

What's this for?

CN is installing the new 3rd track across Kerr St in Oakville this weekend with relocation of barrier.

Ballast is in place on the 16 mile creek bridge ready for the track work and it could be lay at the same time for Kerr St. It will be laid up to the bridge when doing Kerr St using snap track.

New switches are been cut into the exist tracks west of the bridge this weekend also and will be done at night. May effect the first few trains of the day.

Looks like work has finally started at removing the existing rails south of the mainline in Oakville yard for the relocation of the mainline as sections of rail are missing in a few spot and crew on site.

The 3rd track has been in place west of Kerr St for the past month with a switch where track ended in the past. GO was not using the switch the last time I was out there in Aug, but did so today at high speed.

So Drum...

Forgive my ignorance.....

But how close are we now to the full completed 3rd track on Lakeshore West?

Forgive my ignorance.....

But how close are we now to the full completed 3rd track on Lakeshore West?

Summer 2010.

The section between Clarkson to Mississauga will be ready for rail at the end of Oct, but cannot go west as nothing has started for the missing 1/4 mile between it and the graded area west of it.

Nothing has started in relocating the main line in Oakville Yard nor taking the 3rd into the station itself.

The section between PC and the river will not be finish until next spring.

Have no idea when they plan on closing haft of the north platform at PC to move it to line up with the new 3rd track and move track 2 to line up with the current track 1.

I remember after the 3rd track went in from Burlington to Bayview that there seemed like an interminably long wait until GO runs started to be extended to Aldershot... I recall hearing something about needing a few months for the new railbed to settle and various trial runs of rolling stock to be run on it, which surprised me a little, actually. Will something similar apply to this section?

Canada--Ontario Partnership Creates Jobs, Stimulates Economy in Pickering

September 9, 2009 2:30 PM

Pickering, Ontario—Pickering residents will benefit from federal and provincial infrastructure funding to build a new, fully enclosed pedestrian bridge across Highway 401 between the Pickering GO station and a new transit hub, announced today by Dr. Colin Carrie, MP for Oshawa, and Wayne Arthurs, MPP for Pickering- Scarborough East. The governments of Canada and Ontario will each invest up to $5 million in the project to be built by Metrolinx.
"Under the leadership of Prime Minister Stephen Harper, our Government is getting shovels in the ground and flowing money faster to stimulate the economy and create jobs for Ontarians," said MP Carrie. "Thanks to the strong relationship between our two governments, we can work together to help Ontario communities and the economy thrive immediately and in the future."

"The McGuinty government is creating jobs and the decisions announced today will soon lead to improved transportation and enhanced facilities and services in our community," said MPP Arthurs.

"Our Government is teaming-up with Ontario to deliver results for Pickering," said Canada's Transport and Infrastructure Minister, John Baird. "The combined investment from both levels of government will make a difference in Pickering by creating jobs and improving daily commutes."

"Working together with the federal government means we can modernize more infrastructure faster - creating a competitive advantage that attracts business and strengthens our economy today and into the future," said MPP Joe Dickson, Ajax-Pickering.

This project will improve transportation efficiency, reduce traffic congestion and create local jobs in Pickering. The new pedestrian bridge will link the Pickering GO Transit station area across Highway 401 directly to the city's downtown core.

This project is one of nearly 1,200 across the province that will break ground thanks to $1.84 billion in joint federal and provincial funding under the Infrastructure Stimulus Fund.

I always hoped that their was a better connection of Pickering Town Center area and the GO Station on the south side of the 401 highway. I always thought that a pedestrian tunnel with moving walkways would connect this business area with the GO station. I saw the artist rendering of the elevated walkway and it looks really great.

I hope that a bridge like that would help a few people to decide to leave their cars at home and take public transit to the GO station. Their will always be people who will always drive but this helps those of us who don't drive. I think a connection like this might help the business' at Pickering Town Center as well because the pedestrian traffic should increase significantly.

I appreciate all the investment in public transit all over the GTA- Canada for that matter. Shows me the different levels of government are really getting serious about pubic transit in all its forms.

Back