News   Mar 28, 2024
 173     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

What could this be?
Please be missing link... please!!!

If it is funding for freight by-pass they get a gold star of approval. I can't imagine any other news to improve passenger and rail freight they could make of significance.

Please be missing link... please!!!

That would be great.............but for a project that substantial, I'd expect the PM to be at the announcement.

No PM, No provincial reps, don't see anyone from Mx or from CN/CP either on the press release.

I'd be concerned over this being another 'we're working together to think about possibly studying' type announcements.

But hopefully its more substantive.

The fact that freight is mentioned is different; and were one optimistic, perhaps a reason to be hopeful.

It’s most likely studies around the Missing Link. @Northern Light is right: if there were serious $$$ (and isn’t this supposed to be on the order of $10B?) attached to this I think the PM would be there instead.

The only other option is something to do with the new Milton freight yard?

The weird thing I have noticed is that the representatives who attend these events are always inconsistent. For instance, for some reason both the MP and MPP of Aurora-Newmarket attended the announcement of Clark Station being announced (which is far away from either of their ridings).

Back