News   Mar 28, 2024
 41     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 151     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 242     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

A UPX joint station at Woodbine would help Kitchener line riders, and finch west riders if the lrt gets extended here, to/from the airport. If there is fare integration, then there wouldn’t need to be an extension or alignment for either line to serve Pearson. The only downside to this however is that the general time between union and pearson would increase, and the marketing that is ‘25 mins and every 15 min frequency to/from airport and downtown‘, would no longer be true. The X no longer marks the spot

A UPX joint station at Woodbine would help Kitchener line riders, and finch west riders if the lrt gets extended here, to/from the airport. If there is fare integration, then there wouldn’t need to be an extension or alignment for either line to serve Pearson. The only downside to this however is that the general time between union and pearson would increase, and the marketing that is ‘25 mins and every 15 min frequency to/from airport and downtown‘, would no longer be true. The X no longer marks the spot
If they electrify, and close Weston UPE while opening Mount Dennis, it would surely be a wash on travel time.

I'm supportive of the idea to not have transit stations sharing the same name and also supportive of the logic that stations should be named after neighborhoods and places vs businesses. Highland seems fine to me. Woodbine racetrack used to be at Woodbine and Lakeshore. Once the land values go up, who knows, Woodbine could move again some day or cease to exist.

I'm supportive of the idea to not have transit stations sharing the same name and also supportive of the logic that stations should be named after neighborhoods and places vs businesses. Highland seems fine to me. Woodbine racetrack used to be at Woodbine and Lakeshore. Once the land values go up, who knows, Woodbine could move again some day or cease to exist.
Perhaps Metrolinx could propose renaming TTC Woodbine to Greenwood. :)

What about naming it Fantasy Racetrack GO (mixing the names of Fantasy Fair and Woodbine Racetrack). At this point the name is already true to itself since anything done around here in little to no time is a fantasy of its own

I am assuming {or perhaps this is too logical} that both GO and UPX will stop at Woodbine for a convenient transfer to Pearson from both GO and VIA. The Woodbine station is 1 km from the elevated turn off to Pearson on the UPX so God knows there is more than enough room.

I am assuming {or perhaps this is too logical} that both GO and UPX will stop at Woodbine for a convenient transfer to Pearson from both GO and VIA. The Woodbine station is 1 km from the elevated turn off to Pearson on the UPX so God knows there is more than enough room.
Metrolinx response "Its NOT UPX job to get people to/from the race track, but to get people to/from the airport" "If people want to get to/from the race track, the GO trains will do that at the currently hourly service and will become shorter in time".

Metrolinx is not known for logic and a hard sell for VIA to stop there when it should be the airport in the first place.

Back