News   Apr 16, 2024
 10     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.2K     5 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Aren't LSE, LSW and Barrie getting the exact same upgrades? Also, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm afraid most people will have no idea this line or its upgrades even exist lol...

LSE/W are getting the same upgrades, but they already have pretty frequent service. It wont be such a change. (Btw Kitchener Line will too)

This line and the Barrie line when complete will completely transform the layout of condo construction and development in the city.

Meh most of the works are already happening
remember there are these " all the grade separations, electrification and European EMU trains, service every 7-15 minutes" elements. after all these are done i don't think we are far off 2050...

Meh, not Garage-Mahalie enough for my tastes. Where am I supposed to park my SUV??
In the 673 surface parking spaces ;)

This new station should make the travel time difference between Stouffville GO and Lincolnville GO much shorter than it is now. The 6 minute travel time will likely drop to ~3 minutes. Right now a good chunk of that 6 minute travel time is the train crawling into the yard, which won't happen any more until after passengers are off the train.

I imagine this will pull a lot of riders away from Stouffville GO as parking will be much more easily available here, and the travel time penalty will be less than today.

In the 673 surface parking spaces ;)

This new station should make the travel time difference between Stouffville GO and Lincolnville GO much shorter than it is now. The 6 minute travel time will likely drop to ~3 minutes. Right now a good chunk of that 6 minute travel time is the train crawling into the yard, which won't happen any more until after passengers are off the train.

I imagine this will pull a lot of riders away from Stouffville GO as parking will be much more easily available here, and the travel time penalty will be less than today.

Line should be extended to Uxbridge but I digress.

Line should be extended to Uxbridge but I digress.
that would be a lot of investment to serve a small community with low growth prospects. Given the rail alignment too the travel times likely wouldn’t be that competitive as the train would likely be quite slow.

right now GO riders in uxbridge have the option of driving to the Lakeshore East line in Pickering, which is generally the fastest option in rush hour, or here. The expanded parking and improved travel times on the Stouffville line from RER will likely make this more desirable for people coming from Uxbridge. Especially since Pickering is developing quickly now which is increasing travel times to Pickering GO.

lincolnville as it is today mostly serves Uxbridge and rural areas north of Stouffville, most customers in Stouffville use Stouffville GO. Lincolnvilles original intent was to provide additional parking for the town, however that never really worked as the travel time was so much longer, customers preferred to fight for parking at the old station.

I agree. Because the line climbs the moraine, not only is it curvy, there is a significant grade north of Goodwood. In addition to Pickering, there is also the Bloomington station. Uxbridge is at (in terms of development approvals) or darn near it's capacity due to limitations in the York-Durham sanitary trunk. If it were extended to Uxbridge, the station would have to be out of town to the south to avoid a similar 'downtown station' problem.

Just in case the link doesn't preview well.

1607461729471.png

Back