News   Apr 23, 2024
 797     2 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 416     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Do you have any idea what ridership numbers are today, let alone 25 years from now???

If you want a subway to Sq One, how do you operate 2 cars trains on a 6 car line every 15 minutes at the best???

Why is ML wanting to build an BRT on Dundas compare to an LRT to Hurontario or a Subway???

The "they got one we deserve one" attitude is the road to ruin.....financial ruin if not general ruin!

Not only is there no obvious need for a subway to Mississauga.....there isn't even a loud shout for one....or even a quiet shout.
Don't kill me guys. I was just saying. I think Milton GO service through Mississauga is a better bet anyway.

Mimico Station update from the local residents association:

Crazy that they are not planning a bus drop-off for the Humber Bay shuttle bus. Have a bus-only access directly from Royal York (replacing the inaccessible staircase). Which will also double as a way for cyclists and pedestrians to have easy access to the station.

And why is the Toronto community housing fighting the southern access? Is it provincial vs city in-fighting or something else?

Looks like some construction is happening at the Bramalea GO Station (~ @TOareaFan )

2HR4m6p

2JOMuLi

And a zoomed in shot from this picture:

2HWNyLC

Simple b"bus shelters" and expanses of asphalt!

Is there a Bramalea diagram similiar to this 2018 Aldershot Mobility Hub vision?

BDA75FFC-00F7-43DC-B270-E9D6FC666511.png

Attachments

• BDA75FFC-00F7-43DC-B270-E9D6FC666511.png
    BDA75FFC-00F7-43DC-B270-E9D6FC666511.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Is there a reason so many GO platforms look like they have never been maintained? Tons of plant growth on the sides, and cracked uneven paving . . .
I've noticed quite a few pedestrian tunnels between the station and platforms flooded and skanky, most only the Lakeshore Line older stations, but some of the newer ones on other lines too. It's pretty Third World.

I've noticed quite a few pedestrian tunnels between the station and platforms flooded and skanky, most only the Lakeshore Line older stations, but some of the newer ones on other lines too. It's pretty Third World.

Lowest cost funding. Only fix it when it breaks, not before.

Actually, I have noticed fresh paint in one or two of those tunnels - Mimico being one.

Some are simply getting too small for the task. Their 1966 heritage, and the minimalist effort put ino GO at the beginning (no one was really sure that people would ride it, and the whole thing was built to be demolishable if necessary) is evident.

- Paul

Actually, I have noticed fresh paint in one or two of those tunnels - Mimico being one.

Some are simply getting too small for the task. Their 1966 heritage, and the minimalist effort put ino GO at the beginning (no one was really sure that people would ride it, and the whole thing was built to be demolishable if necessary) is evident.

- Paul
Yeah, I'm giving them benefit of the doubt that they are about to be replaced. The last one I had a wet experience with, plus the overwhelming stench was Eglinton GO Station:

upload_2018-6-17_15-8-41.png

Which is a very recent rebuild, but the tunnels are like something left over from WWII bomb shelters.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-17_15-8-41.png
    upload_2018-6-17_15-8-41.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 541
Is there a reason so many GO platforms look like they have never been maintained? Tons of plant growth on the sides, and cracked uneven paving . . .
GO are thinking of level platforms so, if they are serious about able this, it would not make sense to do significant work on current platforms. Of coure, some minor upkeep would be good

Last edited:

Back