News   Apr 15, 2024
 992     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 658     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Maybe it was "fake news" . Sorry couldn't resist especially with some of our politicians getting flack for using "trumps catch phrases".

Interesting, especially the comment that each station should be distinctive as an entry to the local community.

This review panel is a Vaughan civic entity. Is there a similar panel that would be the logical point of consultation in the City of Toronto's area? I'm wondering how the process for upcoming Toronto stations (Liberty, Davenport, St Clair, etc) will proceed.

- Paul

Interesting, especially the comment that each station should be distinctive as an entry to the local community.

This review panel is a Vaughan civic entity. Is there a similar panel that would be the logical point of consultation in the City of Toronto's area? I'm wondering how the process for upcoming Toronto stations (Liberty, Davenport, St Clair, etc) will proceed.

- Paul

Panelists who are all architects want more spent on each station in architectural fees. No conflict of interest here!

Panelists who are all architects want more spent on each station in architectural fees. No conflict of interest here!

It's advisory, and how much to spend is ultimately a decision by Metrolinx. If you want a conflict of interest, I'd start off with the high priced engineering consultants that the org loves to use.

AoD

- Paul
Doesn't the City of Toronto also have a Design Review Panel?

I saw a posting that the new south entrance to the Burlington GO Station is now open (sorry for how big the pictures are. Can't figure out how to make them smaller).

2nartz4

2meTK88

There is 2 south entrance and this is for the west entrance using the bus driveway on the east side as shown on the map.

When I was there early Feb, they were working on the missing 20 feet section between Fairview and the finish entrance driveway for both the driveway and the 2 sidewalks.

The loop is complete, except the flashing for the walkway overhead and the east entrance. Concrete sidewalk had to be pour for the east entrance as well the roof still had to be put on.

It happen I was looking for some photos for 2013 and came upon photos of the new station in early construction stage for Nov that was already a year into construction.

I guess the elevators are still not in operation that were install in Aug 2016. What use is the accessibly parking spots on the south side when there is no elevators for them?

Some pictures of rail that was pulled (edit: meant pulled as in laid beside existing track) on the Metrolinx Canpa sub. From the quick peak I took at Evans Ave, doesn't look like much upgrade work has taken place besides this yet. I am interested to see when Metrolinx will officially say what this is for (I know there have been two ideas on this thread: LSW detours, and Milton Line service south on LSW which would require much more work than the scope of this project).

aWfU7Xa.jpg

slAStT7.jpg

Last edited:
Some pictures of rail that was pulled on the Metrolinx Canpa sub. From the quick peak I took at Evans Ave, doesn't look like much upgrade work has taken place besides this yet.

I could be wrong but I think it's actually the other way around: the new rail is ribbon rail and lying to the side of the still in place jointed rail. So, I don't think anything has been pulled yet.

I could be wrong but I think it's actually the other way around: the new rail is ribbon rail and lying to the side of the still in place jointed rail. So, I don't think anything has been pulled yet.

Yes, nothing has been installed - I was under the assumption that "pulled" literally meant pulled beside the existing track awaiting installation. My bad for the terminology mix up.

Back