News   Apr 25, 2024
 10     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 305     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 632     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

I thought the trend for road/rail grade crossings these days was to use concrete cover plates instead of pavement so they could be lifted out for automated tamping and then placed back down. At least that's what they used for the shared ION/freight track at Erb & Caroline in Kitchener, https://goo.gl/maps/zn9yVQVJpaW3GJXP8. You can see in the satellite pic that the light rail only track on the south is embedded, while the shared track on the north uses cover plates.

That’s certainly true - I don’t have any info as to whether ML is going to that method.

- Paul

No reason the rural parts of the route can't be 150km/h..

The original plan for the work on the Guelph Sub was to aim for a 90mph zone speed - 145km/h. There would be other, lower speed limits in places due to geometry, but that was the upset goal for the whole stretch from Georgetown to Kitchener.

Unfortunately, it sounds like that goal may be scaled back. There is a limited and finite budget to do the work, and the crews have been told "make due with it what you can".

Dan

The original plan for the work on the Guelph Sub was to aim for a 90mph zone speed - 145km/h. There would be other, lower speed limits in places due to geometry, but that was the upset goal for the whole stretch from Georgetown to Kitchener.

Unfortunately, it sounds like that goal may be scaled back. There is a limited and finite budget to do the work, and the crews have been told "make due with it what you can".

Dan
I mean, the area is so rural, so I would think that class 6 track would only require some fencing at grade crossings and additional signals (Crossing and mainline). Are there any other pieces of infrastructure (say rail ties, higher strength rail) or alignment challenges along the guelph sub?

July 14
Kennedy
48344634286_43e32c4028_b.jpg

48344776397_5f2478c8ef_b.jpg

48344633796_bf4a389237_b.jpg

48344775807_e784f7ee4f_b.jpg

Stouffville Line
48351649982_4f4221631c_b.jpg

48351649622_686412cd2c_b.jpg

I mean, the area is so rural, so I would think that class 6 track would only require some fencing at grade crossings and additional signals (Crossing and mainline). Are there any other pieces of infrastructure (say rail ties, higher strength rail) or alignment challenges along the guelph sub?

Subgrade? Structures?

There is way more involved than just putting up some fences and gates to bring it up to any substantial standard.

Dan

Thank god, now a faster way to get to my food from the living room!

Finally, infrastructure we can afford! Even in Rob's vast home.....this line is under 200M in total length! WE might actually get the EA done by 2022!

I assume the switches shown here are for the second track?
Yep!...............Until they deal with the junction and the new Kennedy Platform.

Back