News   Jun 17, 2024
 63     0 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Is the road at left of the Aurora overhead view (Wellington, right?) being grade separated in this plan?

The Aurora Station mock-up is unfortunate in how it completely overwhelms the historic station building there.

I wondered what the local heritage people have to say. ML is doing each station with a location-specific consultation process. The local Municipality can input if the see fit.

For the new station locations, ML indicates that municipalities have until Nov 30th to submit a Council-approved resolution confirming the munipality's support for the proposd station location. The TPAP and local consultations will happen after that.

- Paul

GO RER rolling stock procurement process is now starting:

http://www.railjournal.com/index.ph...rer-rolling-stock-consultant.html?channel=535

These guys essentially write the specs for the tender. If they keep the timeline tight the tender could be awarded by the end of 2017; exciting stuff.

The latest ML Board meeting agenda contains not one bit of news (that I can find, anyways) about the electrification project. We have to keep our enthusiasm for this new fleet procurement in synch with our enthusiasm for hanging wire.

No wire, no RER fleet.

I wonder where the Electrification EA is at?

- Paul

The latest ML Board meeting agenda contains not one bit of news (that I can find, anyways) about the electrification project. We have to keep our enthusiasm for this new fleet procurement in synch with our enthusiasm for hanging wire.

No wire, no RER fleet.

If they're expecting a custom train (not something currently manufactured in Thunderbay; so requires factory tooling) then rolling stock would require a longer lead time than electrification construction. That said, I'd really like news on the USRC Train Shed Phase 2 tender as that feels like it's critical path for electrification.

For most of the lines, bridges + electrification should only take ~3 years of actual construction.

I agree, their focus in this meeting is still on laying tracks which they've known they'll need for the last decade; disappointing.

Last edited:

- Paul

It is done for the Georgetown South area and the Pearson Spur; it's shovel ready. Haven't heard of them initiating any EAs for other segments, but under that transit project process, it's a pretty quick 180 days. Add 35 if there are objections submitted (e.g. Davenport).

It is done for the Georgetown South area and the Pearson Spur; it's shovel ready. Haven't heard of them initiating any EAs for other segments, but under that transit project process, it's a pretty quick 180 days. Add 35 if there are objections submitted (e.g. Davenport).

I think they are behind schedule - don't think they are at the draft EPR stage for the other lines - from their public meeting last Feb/March:

upload_2016-9-7_10-38-6.png

https://www.metrolinxengage.com/sites/default/files/go_electrification_public_meeting.pdf

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-7_10-38-6.png
    upload_2016-9-7_10-38-6.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 831

There are details on the EA process for electrification on the GO website here. Here is the graphic for the timeline of the Transit Project Assessment Process and I've updated it to move the "We are here" symbol to present day. The graphic is in this presentation.

tpap-for-electrification1.png

There are details on the EA process for electrification on the GO website here. Here is the graphic for the timeline of the Transit Project Assessment Process and I've updated it to move the "We are here" symbol to present day. The graphic is in this presentation.

Did they actually have the draft EPR?

AoD

Holy Capital Spending Batman! -- the LRT "Rapid Transit" boom and the beginnings of RER infrastructure (Davenport, etc) begins this fiscal year.

upload_2016-9-7_16-32-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-7_16-32-31.png
    upload_2016-9-7_16-32-31.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 718

Back