News   Jul 12, 2024
 334     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 423     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 255     0 

General railway discussions

Was by the plant a few weeks ago and the union is in for the long haul by the way they are setup camp wise.

I thought Wabtec had already decided to close the plant down after taking control of the plant last year and have a new plant in Texas??
The Fort Worth plant is simply an assembly plant. Erie is where they produce all of the various components that go into the locos (prime movers, alternators, traction motors, control systems, etc.), plus where they prototype and test everything. They also have production capabilities there, although they moved the final assembly to Fort Worth to save on that labour.

The Erie plant is far more important to the well being of Wabtec than the Fort Worth plant is.

Dan

Aug 3
Photos for London are up on my site
53137187267_b1d9e6768d_b.jpg

This will be replace Later this year with the 2nd bridge
53137187147_a81f2c356d_b.jpg

This will be replace next week with the first bridge
53137187177_455d71382f_b.jpg

53137786506_a4cf1e1ca8_b.jpg

53138193145_2efc8466fd_b.jpg

53138192885_b4f7d4ea71_b.jpg

53138192970_2f908d55ba_b.jpg

To me, it looks entirely relevant to this thread.

Do you see a better thread? I suppose the VIA thread might make sense, but it's more general than that.
I did not say that it was off-topic. I just dislike getting dumped a link without any explanation as to what it actually is about. If he’s too lazy to spend 30 seconds to tell all of us why we might want to read it, then I’m too lazy to spend the 5 minutes trying to figure that out by my own…

Last edited:
The first bridge is in place and the 2nd one being place this weekend in London. This will then allow the digging of the new road for the underpass.

Adelaide underpass work

I just saw on the news that Domtar is shutting down its pulp and paper mill in Espanola. In addition to being devastating to the community (a mill has been there in one form or another for over a century), it will no doubt have a significant impact on the viability of the Huron Central Railway.

I just saw on the news that Domtar is shutting down its pulp and paper mill in Espanola. In addition to being devastating to the community (a mill has been there in one form or another for over a century), it will no doubt have a significant impact on the viability of the Huron Central Railway.

450 people newly out of work.

The plant is being idled, in such a way as to allow for a re-start if a buyer can be found.

But it was previously placed on the market w/o success, so the odds are a bit long.

Total population is just over 5,000, so this is a huge portion of the town's working-age folks.

Last edited:

Back