News   Jul 12, 2024
 490     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 502     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 274     0 

General railway discussions

Why I am an Andy Byford backer in a nutshell.

Beautiful.

A succinct, effective, comprehensive takedown of the plans of his own bosses and other powerful interests; notwithstanding that its not in his nominal interest to do so.

He makes the case extremely well for a host of alternative changes, with which, I will freely admit, I agree.

Go Andy.

He'll probably get fired again, but with any luck, not before he sinks a bunch of really dumb ideas.

Gio yard
DJI_0326.jpg

SLM Recycling in Welland
DJI_0262.jpg

New spur and customer
DJI_0252.jpg

Why I am an Andy Byford backer in a nutshell.

Beautiful.

A succinct, effective, comprehensive takedown of the plans of his own bosses and other powerful interests; notwithstanding that its not in his nominal interest to do so.

He makes the case extremely well for a host of alternative changes, with which, I will freely admit, I agree.

Go Andy.

He'll probably get fired again, but with any luck, not before he sinks a bunch of really dumb ideas.
Toronto really lost a hero with his departure.

That would have been a costly upgrade.

Wasn't this bridge a key element of Moose Tracks Railway or whatever it was called?

Yes, Moose was dependent on this line. I crossed the bridge yesterday. The tracks on the Gatineau side are rapidly disappearing in an impenetrable boggy forest, although if the tram system every comes to fruition the will have to clearcut some of it.

The tracks on the Gatineau side are rapidly disappearing in an impenetrable boggy forest,

Many are also being torn up.

although if the tram system every comes to fruition the will have to clearcut some of it.

The Gatineau tram will mostly run on existing roads, though a 1.5km stretch may run on abandoned/removed tracks from Rue Montcalm to Rue Belleau. This ROW is perpendicular to what Moose was planning on using (they wanted to bypass central Hull (and central Ottawa)).

Had a look at London CP grade separation on Aug 3 and no excavation of the new road has started. The are forming the piers for the new bridges. No shoring in place for the new road.

CP plans on replacing all exiting cables in the corridor for the yard and west of the new grade separation..

When I arrived, there was a train blocking the crossing. About 10 minute later, part of it clear the crossing with pedestrian crossing right after the train clear the sidewalk along with cycles. The train was working the yard. About 5 minutes later, the train close the crossing for the next 20 minute placing cars on the various tracks and them the power moved to the east end.

Back