Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

Hi Everyone! For anyone that is in Phase II (Playground Condos), we just received a letter from the builder's lawyer with an updated tentative occupancy date of mid-September (the last letter had early July). We are on the 22nd floor and know a few others who have purchased in this building as well. I will reach out to them to see if their dates are any different.
I'm on the 12th and it appears that I have a registered lettermail waiting for me which is likely another delay letter.
I Will follow up here once the details are in.

I just got my new tentative occupancy date of August 10th for Playground Floor 8. Hopefully this is the last of the delays

City of Toronto website indicates water main problems are common and usually resolved in a few days to a week. Since it’s been a known issue since mid January, we are 2 months in, and no status update of when it will be resolved. Any clarity or insight on why it’s taking longer than usual?

I can’t imagine if there were people living in a building that this would be allowed to go on and risk those affected for as long as this has been going on.
Has anyone got any official word from the city of Toronto about what is actually going on, are we just to accept the builders word at this point? Surely there is a case number or something out there that is published? I can’t find it if there is.

City of Toronto website indicates water main problems are common and usually resolved in a few days to a week. Since it’s been a known issue since mid January, we are 2 months in, and no status update of when it will be resolved. Any clarity or insight on why it’s taking longer than usual?

I can’t imagine if there were people living in a building that this would be allowed to go on and risk those affected for as long as this has been going on.
Has anyone got any official word from the city of Toronto about what is actually going on, are we just to accept the builders word at this point? Surely there is a case number or something out there that is published? I can’t find it if there is.

On that note, I noticed workers working on the ground and it appeared to be watermain related. This is when I went there on Sunday to take photos at the site.

Just received notice that Playground has been delayed from July to September 14 2020 (20th floor)

Last edited:
anyone hear news about Garrison Point? Still no word from the builder/lawyers yet.

im guessing there will be further delays since everyone is scrambling to deal with COVID19.

anyone hear news about Garrison Point? Still no word from the builder/lawyers yet.

im guessing there will be further delays since everyone is scrambling to deal with COVID19.

Nothing. I’m afraid that might be the case now.

Nothing. I’m afraid that might be the case now.
Pandemic is an allowable “unavoidable delay” as per Tarion, but of course it is not in the builders interest at all to delay as it just increases their carrying costs..... the builder is definitely motivated to get these units occupied.

Pandemic is an allowable “unavoidable delay” as per Tarion, but of course it is not in the builders interest at all to delay as it just increases their carrying costs..... the builder is definitely motivated to get these units occupied.
One could argue that these delays occurred before COVID was deemed a pandemic.... but I’m no lawyer.

Hi Everyone! For anyone that is in Phase II (Playground Condos), we just received a letter from the builder's lawyer with an updated tentative occupancy date of mid-September (the last letter had early July). We are on the 22nd floor and know a few others who have purchased in this building as well. I will reach out to them to see if their dates are any different.
Were you able to connect with the others who purchased in our building to see if their dates are any different? I'm curious to know! Based on responses in this chat, it seems like floor 8 has a new date of August 10th, floors 12 and 20 have a new date of September 14, and floor 30 has a new date of September 18, which is seemingly hopeful

Hi Anow - everyone I spoke to is on the 20th floor or higher, their occupancy dates were the same as mine (mid-September)

Back