Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

There has been no written delay notice sent to high floor owners, for a further delay from Mar 13 2020.

To my knowledge..

Unless anyone here comment?
So, if top floors are scheduled to move in on March 13, that's probably close to the last of the bunch. Once delay issue's are resolved, they can't just have everyone take occupancy the same day..... so.... could be a ways out

Well, it happened.

We've received notice that our unit will not be ready for March 13 and new occupancy date "has not yet been established"

We've already given notice to vacate our rental by the end of March.

Guess its time to start looking into AirBNB's..

Well, it happened.

We've received notice that our unit will not be ready for March 13 and new occupancy date "has not yet been established"

Same here Russ, just received the notice.

'It's the build up in the water main that's not providing sufficient water pressure for sprinkler system'-What's worse? It's an Unavoidable Delay by Tarion definition

I wonder if it's concrete/soil dumped into the pipe from the neighboring construction...

If it's the City issue, I wonder the financial burden it's causing...

First time poster but I've been following along religiously here, as I'll be moving into the 6th floor.

PDI was mid-Jan. The unit looked great, just minor bumps, paint chipped.
Feb 4th was Occupancy Date
Feb 25th was Delayed Occupancy Date
No current date, still waiting for a follow-up

However, sharing good news (and encourage you to double/triple check): I called Tarion and a water main issue doesn't qualify as an Unavoidable Delay per their code- this may be a strike, fire, explosion, ‘act of God’, civil insurrection, act of war or terrorism, or a pandemic. We should be able to claim the delayed compensation during year-1, if it isn't settled on closing. Fingers crossed.

Same here Russ, just received the notice.

'It's the build up in the water main that's not providing sufficient water pressure for sprinkler system'-What's worse? It's an Unavoidable Delay by Tarion definition

I wonder if it's concrete/soil dumped into the pipe from the neighboring construction...

If it's the City issue, I wonder the financial burden it's causing...

I really hope the City reaches an agreement with CUPE 416 by midnight, or we might be dealing with further delays due to strike.

First time poster but I've been following along religiously here, as I'll be moving into the 6th floor.

However, sharing good news (and encourage you to double/triple check): I called Tarion and a water main issue doesn't qualify as an Unavoidable Delay per their code- this may be a strike, fire, explosion, ‘act of God’, civil insurrection, act of war or terrorism, or a pandemic. We should be able to claim the delayed compensation during year-1, if it isn't settled on closing. Fingers crossed.

Your timeline sounds identical to mine. I was wondering myself about the validity of them invoking the “Unavoidable Delay” clause. Encouraging to hear we might be eligible for some kind of compensation. Will definitely look into this further.

Thanks for the nformation.

I wonder if it will end like a long chase of law suits, Us-Developer-City-Whoever was causing the congestion(imagine if they don't know at this stage, how would they know in the future)...

Well, it happened.

*sigh

lining could be
Thanks for the nformation.

I wonder if it will end like a long chase of law suits, Us-Developer-City-Whoever was causing the congestion(imagine if they don't know at this stage, how would they know in the future)...

If you are willing and able to prove that the delay was in fact not unavoidable you might have a case. Any ideas?

*sigh

lining could be

If you are willing and able to prove that the delay was in fact not unavoidable you might have a case. Any ideas?
Typically the city inspector will check the water flow and sign off for building safety...
A blocked water main may be UNFORESEEABLE but I am just surprised we did not received a notice earlier. If the connection from across Strachan street (definitely not over/beneath the train tracks -;) ) then who knows what happened to the infrastructure...There are five buildings under construction in this area, with all the digging, concrete wash-off, shoring/vibration, heavy truck running...
Regardless it is in the Builder's keen interest to get it done asap, imagine paying all trades with bank loans but no revenue...
If the delay is caused due to the strike, I don't think we/builder are entitled to compensation (sad). Any idea others?

Our Realtor reached out..

He says we are entitled to delayed occupancy compensation from Tarion. HAs anyone else heard the same thing?

Im not sure how/why, but I hope its true. We'll follow up with the lawyers.

He says we are entitled to delayed occupancy compensation from Tarion. HAs anyone else heard the same thing?

Good to know Russ, please keep us updated.
I am waiting for the notice from the developer

Following! It’s been over 8 delays now for me. Suppose to be done by January 2017 lol. I got a notice from builder realtor lawyer on February 26. It’s getting a bit irritating now since I have rented out my condo was looking forward to moving in for March 12 final occupancy date. I emailed Tarion, they said we should be able to get compensation for housing if delayed also we should be getting the $7500 maximum for all the builder delays. I counted 8 letter of delay from builder lawyer. Has anyone seen there units yet? Hows the build quality? So looking forward to moving in. I think the water level should be re-solved in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• 3A74642E-DC96-401C-BA63-D2396AAFA438.jpeg
    3A74642E-DC96-401C-BA63-D2396AAFA438.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 278
Is anyone moving in this week? We finally did our PDI last week, and our Final Occupancy date, as recorded on the slip from the builder after PDI is the second week of March. This hasn’t changed since our last notice from November.

I’m hearing people on this forum say their occupancy’s are delayed. Is this still the case.

We are also on a higher floor, and it looks to be like we would be one of the first to move in if this date is to be correct.

Wary about giving current landlord 2 months notice this week without more confidence. I don’t want my stuff in storage or to be using Air BnBs if this date is not met.

Thoughts?

What floor are you on and who called you for the PDI? I'm on a higher floor the 26th and I haven't gotten called yet for my PDI? Last thing I got was another delay occupancy due to water pressure on February 26. Hoping this gets resolved soon for us all that been waiting for years.

Following! It’s been over 8 delays now for me. Suppose to be done by January 2017 lol. I got a notice from builder realtor lawyer on February 26. It’s getting a bit irritating now since I have rented out my condo was looking forward to moving in for March 12 final occupancy date. I emailed Tarion, they said we should be able to get compensation for housing if delayed also we should be getting the $7500 maximum for all the builder delays. I counted 8 letter of delay from builder lawyer. Has anyone seen there units yet? Hows the build quality? So looking forward to moving in. I think the water level should be re-solved in a couple weeks.
A couple weeks? Really? That sounds like it will be good news for many!

Hi Everyone! For anyone that is in Phase II (Playground Condos), we just received a letter from the builder's lawyer with an updated tentative occupancy date of mid-September (the last letter had early July). We are on the 22nd floor and know a few others who have purchased in this building as well. I will reach out to them to see if their dates are any different.

Back