Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

My fiance and I are on the 22nd floor at Playground. We were told July 2020 occupancy, but it looks like that may change based on dates for Garrison Point (Phase 1). We will keep everyone posted on what we hear back.

My fiance and I are on the 22nd floor at Playground. We were told July 2020 occupancy, but it looks like that may change based on dates for Garrison Point (Phase 1). We will keep everyone posted on what we hear back.
Good luck to you. Why did you decide to buy pre construction instead of re-sale? Any particular reason or constraints?

I live around the corner and it's looked like work on Playground has all but stopped the last few weeks, with all the focus on Garrison Point. I guess they're rushing to get those units occupied on time. Not sure if this was baked into Playground's revised occupancy dates, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got delayed again.

Looks nice. What's the risk to the buyer or seller if a transaction happens but the builder finds out that the property was listed on MLS which, in most contracts, is forbidden and could be considered a default on the property....? Or to builders generally turn a blind eye? I can assume the builder doesn't care seeing both buildings are completely sold out, however that doesn't change the legal wording.

Why would they? I can tell you majority of those 1 beds have 0 upgrades.
If they are renting it out or just selling right away, yes I see that.
But how would you be so certain that the majority who bought didn’t buy or at least consider any of the options?
I bought a unit for myself to move in and some of these upgrades are actually worth going for.

Even for investors renting out a studio or 1-bedroom, you want to upgrade some of the items from a wear and tear perspective like the countertops. Frankly, doing it with the builder on a pre-con is typically cheaper than after market for the exact same material. This is contrary to most popular advice however, and probably contrary to pre-con houses where much more material is needed.

Looks like Playground might be just right around the corner. Closer to occupancy than I though. Maybe 6 months after GP1.

3 shots of GP1 and a shot of a townhouse in PG.
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 6.53.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 6.48.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 6.53.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 6.48.25 PM.png

Last edited:

Back