News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.1K     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 4.1K     3 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.5K     2 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

That really sucks for people who have nothing to do with the G20, i.e. the store owners. What's the point of damaging their property? Does the Black Bloc or any group of protestors think that this type of action gains them any sympathy or understanding for their protest? Is this how they recruit new members? I just don't get it.

ya, I dont know... I guess that may have taken them by surprise because it was outside the main protest route. I thought they would have fenced off the financial district to begin with. And why arent police lining the whole route protecting storefronts as they were yesterday? Nevermind tear gas, get out some machine guns...

Oh apparently Mayor Miller says that they police are going to confront them on Yonge, so things are probably gonna get bad soon.

Where are those talking about excessive police presence now? Where are the ones who would dare claim that riot police would only incite the protesters. These pricks would damage anything they saw and we wanted a smaller police presence?

This is an absolute joke. I'll repeat what I said earlier, if you want your voice heard do it peacefully this bs only makes you look immature and silly.

I really hope there's some good police beatings soon. I myself would join the force just to smack those idiots damaging private businesses with a baton until they bled.

I really hope there's some good police beatings soon. I myself would join the force just to smack those idiots damaging private businesses with a baton until they bled.

It sounds bad I know but +1 ...

Smack down doesn't seem justice enough for me ... something more severe to send a messing across ... but I doubt it would accomplish much.

This justifies violence from the police. Let's go! There's no reason whatsoever to damage private property. These can't be Torontonians. We're a peaceful city.

human feces has been thrown into the store fronts. Where is the sound cannons trucks?

Imagine if some of us, on this forum, were part of the riot police ... things would be different :)

The problem is ... there main objective is to protect the delegation - i.e. the fence ... and police will be able to keep them out of there ... then they move north where's there's no police presence whatsoever ... and frankly they likely don't care about smashed windows ... pshht

We need to forum a protest group against the protect ;) ... everyone to Yonge and Dundas ! :p

Back