News   Jul 10, 2024
 198     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 378     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     1 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

Don't bother going along Queen Street. A gang of protestors are making their way East smashing windows, etc.

cowards

I can hear them as I'm only a block south of Queen W. What a bunch of idiots. Spray painting and smashing windows. One threw urine at a CBC reporter. LOW LIFES!

I keep hearing that the police were not prepared for this riot. How could they not be? This makes no sense.

I keep hearing that the police were not prepared for this riot. How could they not be? This makes no sense.

Clearly, $1B is not enough. We should have spent $10B!

If this continues to get out of hand, then it's further testament to the complete and total impotence of the Canadian Security & Law Enforcement establishment!

The Subway is apparently closed south of Bloor too and the 509 has been stopped. I think it's because all of the leaders are arriving as I type this (been watching their helicopters fly over my building and land at the convention centre).

No, I think it's because of all the anarchists acting like iraqi insurgents in and around the core. Subway shut down probably for "safety of the passengers". There was something posted in the Globe liveblog about a female cop being assaulted.

CBC has live video of the police car on fire, though from several blocks away. I',m surprised that the financial core wasnt fenced off too.

No, I think it's because of all the anarchists acting like iraqi insurgents in and around the core. Subway shut down probably for "safety of the passengers". There was something posted in the Globe liveblog about a female cop being assaulted.

They closed it down before things got violent. Maybe it was ominous, but it seemed to coincide with all the leaders arriving at the same time. Obviously it was the right decision anyways, just saying that the violence started after they closed to subway.

Now two police cars are on fire, Why are the police not stopping them they keep getting close to the fence, What the hell did they spend 1 billion for ???

The Black Bloc(k?) should be stopped. Why they are getting away with this is beyond me. There are far more cops than there are them.
I'm going to go take some photos of the damage now on Queen W.

I would hate to be a street cleaner on Yonge Street this Monday. By the sounds of it, practically every second storefront is being smashed in between Adelaide and Dundas.

Does anyone else expect a much tighter grip on security for tomorrow? Clearly the TPS don't want a repeat of today.

EDIT: Apparently they are moving further up Yonge past Gould. Just how far are they going to make it?

Last edited:
Are protests scheduled for tomorrow?

CP24 is providing some pretty good live coverage

Back