News   Jul 18, 2024
 823     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 735     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

It's not at all surprising that Jared is tone-deaf. He is woefully unqualified to be speaking at this level to the nation about anything. I'm not an American, but I can certainly be embarrassed for Americans . First the middle east and now this farce for Jared the Unready.

Jared reminds me of one of those wealthy kids who has never done anything worthwhile and just jets around talking and thinking he's so great because money.

I see these types at work quite often.

A failure of humanity is having people's claim to accomplishment being money.

We're a very capable species, but man, are we some of the worst things to ever crawl out of the primordial ooze.

Jared and Donald mirror each other in many ways. Both were born into wealthy real estate families, both surrounded by hordes of yes-men, and using their political status to take advantage of financial loopholes.

Prime example is their real estate projects in Jersey City that exploit the EB-5 Visa program:

Yeah, a failing of humanity, as I said. These sorts of people need a major humbling experience. Drugging people is evil but they sure could use an ego-shattering dose of LSD in their morning coffee. Sort them right out.

"What's that, Jared? You feel bad for being a greedy bellend who treats your fellow man as an expendable means to your ends?"

From “it will disappear” to 100,000 deaths: Trump’s coronavirus projections have shifted dramatically

Trump’s Fox News town hall showed how he keeps revising the death toll forecast upward — even as he pushes for businesses to reopen.

May 4, 2020, 1:00pm EDT

President Donald Trump’s “America Together: Returning to Work” Fox News town hall event was a remarkably dishonest affair, replete with lies about topics ranging from the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine on Covid-19 to the trajectory of new coronavirus cases in the country to how tariffs work. At one point, Trump whined that he’s treated worse than Abraham Lincoln — a president who was assassinated.

But one moment of unusual honesty stood out.

With the US coronavirus death toll approaching 70,000 as of May 4 — a grim milestone significantly beyond the “50 or 60,000” number that Trump said the country was “going toward” on April 20 — Trump revised his estimate upward. And he acknowledged he was doing so.

“I used to say 65,000. Now I’m saying 80 or 90, and it goes up and it goes up rapidly. But it’s still going to be, no matter how you look at it, at the very lower end of the plane if we did the shutdown,” Trump said, alluding to the 100,000-to-200,000 death estimate cited in late March by public health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

From the 'how-on-earth-did-they-become-to-be-the-dominant-nation-in-the-free-world department:

Curse those heathen medical professionals, firefighters, fighter pilots, SCUBA divers, etc. and their accursed masks.

On the topic of not wearing masks:

Trump does not wear coronavirus mask at Honeywell factory that makes masks

Published Tue, May 5 20205:42 PM EDT

• President Donald Trump did not wear a mask as a coronavirus precaution during a visit Tuesday to a Honeywell factory in Phoenix, which is making N95 masks for the federal government’s response to the pandemic.
  • Honeywell employees working on the production line were wearing masks, and a sign in the factory said that everyone there is required to wear a mask. White House officials said Honeywell said the White House’s visitors did not need to wear masks.
  • Federal health officials since early April have urged Americans to wear masks when in public to reduce the spread of the virus, which causes Covid-19.
  • Vice President Mike Pence wore a mask during a visit to a General Motors factory two days after he sparked criticism by not wearing one during a tour of the Mayo Clinic, where masks are required.

Speaking of masks.

Here's a story from Propublica on one very strange rabbit-hold odyssey of a company winning a contract to supply masks to the U.S. V.A. that neither made masks nor had any; and went looking for them in a very round about way once they had the contract to sell them in hand.

It is well and truly bizarre and I have no conception as to how this is considered acceptable practice by the business in question or the V.A.

Trump administration buries detailed CDC advice on reopening

The Canadian Press May 7, 2020

The Trump administration shelved a document created by the nation's top disease investigators with step-by-step advice to local authorities on how and when to reopen restaurants and other public places during the still-raging coronavirus outbreak.

The 17-page report by a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention team, titled “Guidance for Implementing the Opening Up America Again Framework,” was researched and written to help faith leaders, business owners, educators and state and local officials as they begin to reopen.

It was supposed to be published last Friday, but agency scientists were told the guidance “would never see the light of day,” according to a CDC official. The official was not authorized to talk to reporters and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

Trump's personal valet tests positive
After learning that one of his valets was infected, Trump became "lava level mad" at his staff and said he doesn't feel it is doing all it can to protect him, according to a person close to the White House.

Back