News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 470     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

That was never in the cards. The USA and China have military might that the Euros can never have. The primary combined military capability of Europe is NATO, and by regulation it's always controlled by the USA.

As a British-Canuck I call tell you why all my relatives, in their mid 40s and up voted to leave. The EU was supposed to be a trade pact, that's it, but as all governments do, they creep and expand into parts of your life that you perhaps never thought needed regulation before. Who in Britain knew that a toilet seat could not use certain types of wood (EU Regulation No 995/2010) or that a foreign bureaucracy was needed to enforce that. You can't even take a piss without someone from Brussels telling you how to flush, https://www.euractiv.com/section/cl...-to-regulate-flushing-of-toilets-and-urinals/. And while my UK cousins are very ethnically diverse, they are very against Brussels dictating who can move and reside in the UK. Can you imagine some government office in Washington tell Canadians who is allowed entry and residence here? There just too much difference between Brits and the Continentals, and I imagine both are glad to be shod of the other.
This would be the same EU that finally forced the UK into the 20thC, making it adopt Metric?

The same EU that brought massive financial aid to poor areas of the UK?

The EU that fostered London's renaissance through immigration and London becoming an even larger business/financial centre?

The one that allowed tens of thousands of UK residents to buy retirement or second homes in Spain and France?

Yes, its terrible what Brussels imposed on the UK. The horror of it all.

As a distant observer, I actually agree with both (how very Canadian). I recall that at one point in the early days that the iconic double decker buses and London pattern taxis were under threat, even though there was no intent for them to be expanded off the islands. However, I still maintain that the referendum voting public had little to no clue what the impact of their decision was going to be and were sold a bill of goods that the UK would be socially and economically stronger outside the tent. The recent angst, and apparent surprise, that UK residents would no longer have the right of free travel to the continent seems to bear this out. Wait until the changes to the movement of goods and services becomes apparent. The UK is not in the driver's seat.

In many ways, we have a common product market simply by virtue of the disparity of economic size between Canada and the US. For example, many don't realize that the flow rate of plumbing fixtures is driven by strict California regulations. The size of the State's market (larger than Canada) simply means that manufacturers will build to their standard rather than run two product lines. One US state, in effect, becomes a de facto national and international standard In areas where there are federal US regulations, such as vehicle emissions that the feds are wanting to weaken, manufacturers are still saying that it makes economic sense to have one product line to meet CA's regulations.

As a distant observer, I actually agree with both (how very Canadian). I recall that at one point in the early days that the iconic double decker buses and London pattern taxis were under threat, even though there was no intent for them to be expanded off the islands. However, I still maintain that the referendum voting public had little to no clue what the impact of their decision was going to be and were sold a bill of goods that the UK would be socially and economically stronger outside the tent. The recent angst, and apparent surprise, that UK residents would no longer have the right of free travel to the continent seems to bear this out. Wait until the changes to the movement of goods and services becomes apparent. The UK is not in the driver's seat.

In many ways, we have a common product market simply by virtue of the disparity of economic size between Canada and the US. For example, many don't realize that the flow rate of plumbing fixtures is driven by strict California regulations. The size of the State's market (larger than Canada) simply means that manufacturers will build to their standard rather than run two product lines. One US state, in effect, becomes a de facto national and international standard In areas where there are federal US regulations, such as vehicle emissions that the feds are wanting to weaken, manufacturers are still saying that it makes economic sense to have one product line to meet CA's regulations.

The UK will likely experience a harsh dose of reality in the coming years after needlessly isolating themselves. I'm calling it now - in 10 to 15 years they'll re-apply for EU membership.

However, I still maintain that the referendum voting public had little to no clue what the impact of their decision was going to be and were sold a bill of goods that the UK would be socially and economically stronger outside the tent. The recent angst, and apparent surprise, that UK residents would no longer have the right of free travel to the continent seems to bear this out. Wait until the changes to the movement of goods and services becomes apparent. The UK is not in the driver's seat.
They still have visa-free travel to the continent. Brits can still own property, etc... and the Iberian Peninsular and Greece desperately need and welcome their British visitors. Sure, Brits can't work or study in the EU like they used to, but if the Swiss, Norwegians, Icelanders, Serbs, etc. can sort out how to work with the EU from the outside, so can the Brits. My extended family fully understood what they were voting for, an end to foreign interference in their daily and business lives, and sovereign control over borders and immigration. I was supposed to visit the UK next month and and hoped to learn more about their Brexit views over a pint, but that's pushed to next summer now.

Britain will be fine, Brits buy a lot of products from the EU and spend a heap of tourist dollars there - the globalists will ensure there are means of trade and travel.

Last edited:
Jared Kushner’s family, Trump building tenants received coronavirus business aid: SBA

The Trump administration funneled millions of dollars in coronavirus aid to companies with potential conflicts of interests, including some owned by
Jared Kushner’s family and others housed in buildings operated by the president’s real estate company, according to records made public Monday.

The records, which were released by the Small Business Administration, cover all loans greater than $150,000 awarded under the so-called Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). As part of coronavirus stimulus measures, the PPP has issued more than half a billion dollars in loans that are forgivable as long as recipients use most of the funds to maintain payroll or cover rent and other expenses.

Plenty of companies with ties to President Trump and his family were eager to reap the PPP benefits, the new records show.

Observer Holdings, LLC, the parent company of Kushner’s former publishing company, Observer Media, received $350,000 in PPP cash, according to the records.

Kushner no longer owns the company, but his sister’s husband, Joseph Meyer, counts it as part of his investment firm, Observer Capital, according to public records.

Princeton Forrestal LLC and Esplanade Livingston LLC, a couple of holding companies owned partially by Jared Kushner’s father, mother, brother and sister, pocketed between $1.35 million and $3 million in PPP funds collectively, the records showed. The exact amount the Kushner-connected LLCs received isn’t available as the Small Business Administration records only provide ranges for amounts larger than $1 million.

The Trump Organization, the president’s namesake real estate empire, saw 22 tenants at its 40 Wall Street building in downtown Manhattan receive PPP loans totaling at least $16.6 million, according to the records.

At least two companies renting space at the Trump International Hotel on Central Park West and the Trump Hotel in Washington, D.C, got between $2.1 million and $5.3 million collectively, the records show.

Be honest I think regardless of president the USA was going to be a mess due to its political culture and ideals but Trump made it many times worse.

Back