News   Apr 24, 2024
 867     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 598     0 

Ford Gov't Selling Naming Rights for GO Stations

Next up, corporate naming of the highway:
401 WEST...……...London Life/ Windsor Salt...……401 EAST...…...Ajax Detergent/Montreal Smoked Meats

Of course Thug whores himself out. It's what conservatives know.
It has nothing to do with conservatism. Rather a level of base crassness which can infect all parts of a society. We are in the fight of our lives against crass behavior and strongly held opinions masquerading as facts. Facts are facts. And good manners, good character and good judgement will never go out of style.

Last edited:
Here is the link for the EOI, for those who are interested:

The list of stations is:
Whitby GO Station
Pickering GO Station
Exhibition GO Station
Clarkson GO Station
Oakville GO Station

There's another EOI for partership and sponsorship:
I still think it's the SkyDome. This situation has a lower probability of success. If the government is wildly unpopular due to being lead by an under-educated, ill-informed populist lump, I'd tread carefully before I spent money (from a corporate treasury) on anything which was closely identified with this government. For the money, one is supposed to derive positive brand recognition. In this case, that may be up in the air which could put the kibosh on the whole thing.

Next up, corporate naming of the highway:
401 WEST...……...London Life/ Windsor Salt...……401 EAST...…...Ajax Detergent/Montreal Smoked Meats

The McDonald's-Cartier Watch Freeway.

It's a shame that we'll have to stare at corporate logos every time we use publicly funded transportation in return for a what is essentially a drop in the bucket as far as ML's costs go.

It's a shame that we'll have to stare at corporate logos every time we use publicly funded transportation in return for a what is essentially a drop in the bucket as far as ML's costs go.
...and Metrolinx apparently plagiarized the MBTA logo for their own logo for the renderings of Line 5 and 6 (and for the physical sign at the Eglinton Maintenance Yard).

Metrolinx might do that if they cannot find appropriate sponsors; Metrolinx could just create fictitious sponsors.

Back