656     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 484     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 524     0 

Finding apartments

• Thread starter fiendishlibrarian
  • Start date
Yeah Forest Laneway has nice apartments...everyone from Willowdale seems to live in them at some point or another. If you were on the other side of the building, a telescope would definitely be in order since they're so close :)

You must have the most sliverest view of DIA between Empress Walk and the office building underneath Mel's Bells since it's only at the ~12th floor right now, but maybe you can just see the crane...and wouldn't Tridel's Northtown block your view of Pulse? I've never been as high up as the 29th floor in Forest Laneway.

Babel: thanks, am mulling an avalanche of requests for a housewarming party. I do promise to attend the next UT meet.

Scarb: Actually, I can see DIA quite well, and I think the view of Pulse will be blocked, but then again, it depends how tall they are as Yonge does tend to slope upward north of Sheppard.

I think Pulse will be about the same height as all the other condos going up...does NYCC have a 400 foot height limit or something? The swarm of circling planes does get quite close.

Do NOT rent apartments at 2,4,6 Forest Laneway....

Reasons:

1. The replacement of the balcony railings has been going on for about a year now. No sign of it getting done before 2008. Until that is complete it is a lot of noise and dust. And you cannot use the balcony.

2. The plumbing system is on the verge of collapse. Water gets shutoff for "emergency repairs" every couple of weeks. Some pipes are leaky too and have heard "drip , drip , drip" behind the wall. Possible mold too.

3. Beginnings of a roach infestation. Have seen a couple of li'l ones scurry out from a small hole in the wall. Emptied a can of Raid into the hole. Haven't seen any since.

4. Possible mold. See item 2.

My balcony is back in service by Friday, and number 4's balconies are all completed, 2's will be by late October. Only 6 is left. Re: plumbing, yes, they shut off the water for one day last week, but that hadn't been done in at least six months, so for now it seems fine. No signs of roaches either. Also just had the driveway re-paved, and I noticed many holes in the corridor from the mall were patched up and repainted. I'm now into my second year there and I have no complaints about the place. I've been in *far* worse buildings.

Do NOT rent in 2,4,6 Forest Laneway

Work on number 4 balcony hasn't even started. Information that I got from the building management is that the work is gonna start February 2008.

Number 6 has been without balcony railings for over six months. The balcony is nowhere near completion. Number 2 is the only one which is near completion. And they started the work September 2006. Bridges get built faster...

The plumbing in these buildings suck , that is not my description , that is the description of the maintenance employees I talk to. In number 4 the water has been shut off 11 times since the beginning of 2007. Do your math.

Roaches and bugs..I saw them with my own eyes. They are there.

The building WAS one of the better ones...not now.

Had 4 and 6 mixed up, my bad. Still think overall it's far from a bad place. And I live in #2, and yes, the water's been shut off something like twice in the last six months, so I know how to do my math, thanks.

Why are you still there if you don't like it so much, or do you just get off on whining?

Back