News   May 02, 2024
 488     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 298     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 261     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

No it was mainly about the 400 bridge, they had some stuff about how the lane closures will work, otherwise I don't think I saw anything new.

New FWLRT map with the final stop names from the naming process reflected. Not sure why "Jane" is still Jane, as that would mean it's a duplicate. Source.

FinchWestLRT-Map-2018-ENGLISH.jpg

Map updated again. Instead of "Jane", it now properly reads "Jane and Finch".

FinchWestLRT-Map-NOV-2018-ENGLISH.JPG

During the consultations on the name this came up. Community members were loud in saying that "Jane and Finch" was the name of their community, and that they wanted to wear it with pride.

Still a better name for that stop/station than that "University Heights" ego boosterism I've heard of from a couple year's back.

During the consultations on the name this came up. Community members were loud in saying that "Jane and Finch" was the name of their community, and that they wanted to wear it with pride.

I like that, and think it's a good idea -- part of the promise of higher order rapid transit (provided it's done right and land use is updated accordingly) is better community-building, and if it's successful, then it can be a helpful aspect of the associated re-branding.

I like that, and think it's a good idea -- part of the promise of higher order rapid transit (provided it's done right and land use is updated accordingly) is better community-building, and if it's successful, then it can be a helpful aspect of the associated re-branding.

Yes, the city needs more high quality rapid transit.

Back