News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 989     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 370     0 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

I don't want that, but I can see Doug might do this, in order not to breach the existing contract.
As I said above - Ford trying to extend a line that he does not like would mean that he endorses it.
He will either change it, or just treat it as the previous Regime project and move on to somewhere else where he has carte blanche.

As I said above - Ford trying to extend a line that he does not like would mean that he endorses it.
He will either change it, or just treat it as the previous Regime project and move on to somewhere else where he has carte blanche.
So planning based on ideology. Status quo.

I've never understood the logic of the Finch LRT.

I certainly understand the need for improved transit along the corridor but why exactly LRT? What would the LRT have over a BRT? Same stations, same platforms, same ROW, same speed with hybrid buses, same or increased frequency with single or double articulated, but the only thing that wouldn't be the same would be the cost and that difference is huge. The amount saved would be well over $500 million and the line would be far less disruptive to build. BRT is also more reliable as an accident along any of the LRT route or a power outage brings the entire system to a screeching halt whereas bus can just negotiate around any incidents.

The money saved could easily extend the system further south to a potential Woodbine RER station and build the station so people getting downtown or to the airport would get there much faster. The savings would also be enough to probably extend the system further east to Finch station on the Yonge line as well.

Yes, LRT is more comfortable but the money saved would make the line far more effective and get Woodbine a RER station which is very important because people from Woodbine area going to downtown/subways will find this LRT small improvement in speed than what they have now. This LRT is improved transit but by no definition is it rapid.

Finch is an LRT because it should be. 40+K people per day on a bus route is not acceptable. It shouldn't even be acceptable for 30K people per day, or for BRT. Finch is being built as an LRT because it needs the extra capacity, not because it needs rapid transit. We'd all want it to have rapid transit, but it's not a necessity.

To add, LRT runs on rails offering a smoother rider in crowded saturation. LRT is also selected to improve priority neighbourhoods it travels through by encouraging more mid-level development.Buses simply don't get the appeal. You won't see a developer advertising their condo is beside a bus line.

Finch is an LRT because it should be. 40+K people per day on a bus route is not acceptable. It shouldn't even be acceptable for 30K people per day, or for BRT. Finch is being built as an LRT because it needs the extra capacity, not because it needs rapid transit. We'd all want it to have rapid transit, but it's not a necessity.
Absolutely.

That this Transit City line will be rapid transit is just icing on the cake!

DpkAEIqWkAA6dBa.jpg:large

^ what you are expecting the privileged MX employees to work overtime?
There's been a lot of evening events. And there's a standing offer on their web-page to attend your event. There's also the community office that is open from 9 to 5 on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays.

Do you have a particular evening or weekend event you invited them to, that they turned down?

There's been a lot of evening events. And there's a standing offer on their web-page to attend your event. There's also the community office that is open from 9 to 5 on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays.

Do you have a particular evening or weekend event you invited them to, that they turned down?
I am just messing around lol

I think the TTC should, along with the Finch LRT, extend the York University busway along the hydro corridor, and make a BRT route with limited stops.

The LRT would be for local transit and the busway would provide rapid transit. It would be part of the TTCs new express bus plan.

I’m actually impressed at the sheer number of these sessions. Plenty of opportunity for people to check in.

It’s gonna be a challenge for Mammo to sidetrack this much outreach.

- Paul

And one would hope the transpo Minister's Office is aware and signs off/signed off...

And one would hope the transpo Minister's Office is aware and signs off/signed off...
Doubtful. They probably still reviewing what to do on transit file and what Liberal parts to cut in name of deficits and debt cutting. This is one that is likely to go as there isn't much construction started on this due to Liberal incompetence and incessant delays from Bombardier. This line was supposed to be up and running by 2015...

Back