News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 636     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Exhibition Place

I thought that the article said that Tanenbaum was going alone?
I didnt read the article you just posted (I should've taken a look, i was assuming it was a recent article from a couple weeks back taking about how Edward Rogers shut the bid down).

Well now this changes the game of things, it will be interesting to see how MLSE moves on this if Tannenbaum is successful since he would have to work with them to use Coca-Cola Coliseum.

And this could be interesting as we are in 2024 when high density and mixed use are all the rage! Stacked basketball courts with accommodations and amenity space above? Pickleball, anyone?

So many photo ops with the arch being lit every night now 😁

20240412_195117.jpg

FIFA likely want exclusivity to prevent issues. Two events at the same time could cause issues...
Just to update this situation, there should be no conflict with the IndyCar race if it's still happening in 2026. The last World Cup match at BMO Field will be on July 2nd, while the race could presumably happen as usual on a weekend later in the same month.
If anything, I think having some of the concrete barriers and fencing already set up around Exhibition Place for the race might actually help to establish a security perimeter around the soccer stadium, rather than get in the way.

Last edited:

Back