Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Yes, it can cut down significantly if you put down a lot! We'll likely be taking this option as well. I think we should be pretty comfortable in this situation, too. Did you have to do all this before your PDI? Or anytime before actual move in?

you have to get an amendment made up from the sales office, and you have to put the money down not less than 10 business days before the closing date (closing date meaning interim)

you have to get an amendment made up from the sales office, and you have to put the money down not less than 10 business days before the closing date (closing date meaning interim)

Thanks for the info! Was there a charge for getting the amendment done?

I'm sure you would be too. I was actually contacted by someone named Lucy who specifically worked on new condo promos...Her number is: 416-649-4355.

I wouldn't call her to be honest. She was very impatient when I called. She was not being thoroughly clear to what exclusion and exceptions that you need to know. I like to ask many questions before I jump into something, but she was sighing and I felt that she did not want to answer my questions in detail. Not very customer service oriented, but very sales commission oriented.

I wouldn't call her to be honest. She was very impatient when I called. She was not being thoroughly clear to what exclusion and exceptions that you need to know. I like to ask many questions before I jump into something, but she was sighing and I felt that she did not want to answer my questions in detail. Not very customer service oriented, but very sales commission oriented.

Did anyone get called by someone named Claudia Guzman from Rogers?

I think her number is 416-441-4480

I wonder if it's the exact same deal.

I get the same complaints from my parents and they have told the concierge about this... Knowing that we have lazy, irresponsible residents who will be sharing the common space in the condo (on top of the delays, misrepresentation and several issues with building) is enough for my parents to sell or just rent out their condo...

This is becoming a nightmare and headache for my retired parents! Sorry, but whomever is littering please consider moving into a detached house... when you live in a condo you need to keep in mind that, other than your unit, the rest of the condo is common space! You need to respect all the residents who live in the condominium!!! Common sense and consideratinon people... This is not coop housing! Sorry!
I really don't know why people litter in common areas. In the new residential areas there should be strict rules for littering and garbage disposal.

That sounds like a good incentive, then! As for your question regarding hyrdo, I wish I knew. I'd like to know what we can expect too, but our unit is 1000 sq ft. I asked a few friends who live in condos, but it turns out that they rent and therefore haven't even seen the hydro bill. I'll keep asking and will post if I find out any useful estimates!

I really don't know why people litter in common areas. In the new residential areas there should be strict rules for littering and garbage disposal.

Perhaps talking to property management can help? Maybe they have a way to keep an eye out and talk or fine whoever keeps doing it. It's not even just a matter of how it looks (though that is important- it's a brand new condo and if people can't appreciate it now, how will it be later on?!), but also the gross pests in can attract. I know of places where this happened and the pests were extremely tough to get rid of. I would absolutely hate to be in such a situation because some people are lazy.

I have to ask, what exactly is the littering situation? We haven't moved in yet, so I've only heard that littering issues are happening through this forum.

Any one who already moved into the "Orchid" unit? How is the layout compared to the one on paper? Are you satisfied with it? is the balcony really 160sqt?

Generally, balconies aren't included when calculating square footage. Some condos include parking as part of your fee, others add a fixed dollar amount per month -- same for lockers. Fee calculations should be included in your condo docs.

Where I'm living, if we can identify who leaves the garbage (or whose dog pees in the elevator) we charge back the unit. Security cameras can be your friend :)

Last edited:
Speaking of hydro...does anyone know when the first bill of hydro and electricity will be coming? I'm assuming we pick up at our new temporary mail boxes?

Back