Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Hi Angie, do you know the name of the PDI gentleman you dealt with? Nothing was fixed in my unit and I wouldnt mind asking for a few minor things.

I think his name was Ken and his partner is Chris. Maybe you can get their contact off of the PDI email from Natalie.

I wonder how they calculate the Rental Fee (before the building is fully registered) have you heard of anyone who's already moved in and if the monthly rent is average or if they're paying too much?

Hi BodyImage,
We're being charged 3.14% of the amount you still owe (~80% of the sale price unless you paid more) plus common expense (I think this is about 45 cents per sq ft) plus 0.75% times the sale price for the tax portion.

I know my brother's condo charges slightly lower interest. But I dont know what the norm is.

To add to everyone's rants.... The fob card is so ugly. I wish they had those mini grey fob keys rather than a thin plastic card. The parking doors are tricky. I don't know which side to enter because there are no signs. When I tried to enter the visitor's side (on the right), there is nobody to call except security 1000. When I tried to leave the parking lot, it wouldn't automatically open, so I had to rummage through my stuff for the parking lot fob key.

The thin plastic card is an additional way to open door. Your actual remote to open garage can also open doors in lobby and common areas. You just need to tap it on the pad (square thingy) by the door.

The building is new and they are still working on other more important areas than entering residents info on the buzzer system. The security 1000 is there to help you and your guest if you need them to open the door for you.
If you park closer to the exit door, you need to back up to activate the sensor. The sensor is located further than the door. I assumed this is what happened to you, that was why the door didn't open. Other than that the door always open for me. :)

Can anyone recommend a lawyer? I didn't know I needed one for occupancy, thought it was just for closing, so I may be in trouble....

Thanks

Just Curious, how many years ago did your parents purchase ?

Sorry for the delay in my response! I was with them the first day the sales office opened and they signed the next day. I believe this was in November of 2008!

We were there for a few hours both days and they gave us the tour of the site on the model they had there...

Can anyone recommend a lawyer? I didn't know I needed one for occupancy, thought it was just for closing, so I may be in trouble....

Thanks

I have used the office of Stephen Shubb in the past for a couple of purchases and found them very reasonable.(416) 222-1882 They are at 5799 Yonge St #803, Toronto, ON M2M 3V3

If any of you guys park in visitor parking, you should already noticed people always leave garbages and boxes in the area close to the door to the elevator lobby in the parking room (to be exact in front of "oil storage" room). Security already put a notice up to warn people to not leave garbage and boxes in the area, but people still do that. Why would people make their home ugly and smell like trash? I don't get this part. We already had flooding and elevator issue which is everyday, and now people leave trash whatever they want. Don't people think that all of this can bring the value of their home down? Next thing you know we will have pest problem due to trash everywhere.

In related note, is there anything we can do collectively with the elevator issue? Elevator breaks everyday and they are brand new. We need more information on why they break everyday. Something is wrong here.

Sorry about my rant, but it valids.

I get the same complaints from my parents and they have told the concierge about this... Knowing that we have lazy, irresponsible residents who will be sharing the common space in the condo (on top of the delays, misrepresentation and several issues with building) is enough for my parents to sell or just rent out their condo...

This is becoming a nightmare and headache for my retired parents! Sorry, but whomever is littering please consider moving into a detached house... when you live in a condo you need to keep in mind that, other than your unit, the rest of the condo is common space! You need to respect all the residents who live in the condominium!!! Common sense and consideratinon people... This is not coop housing! Sorry!

There is a place to dump large boxes and recycle items behind the service elevator. People can ask the concierge easily available 24/7 instead of dumping trash where ever they like.

The elevator issue is ongoing problem. There is always something happens almost everyday. I have been living there since last year. I will address this issue to the management and all of you should do the same. The more voice the better. Brand new elevators should not break this often. I feel sorry for people who live up high and people who have small kids and elderly.

Do you have the number for management? I would like to raise some questions on behalf of my parents... all these issues are becoming ridiculous! This project has been delayed by 2 years and still they cannot get their act together! Wow!!!

It seems that any building you move into these days includes lazy, uncaring residents. It sucks but that's the way it is :( I think the only way to avoid it is to find a lovely, smaller, older building and scope it out very carefully. People can be such jerks, and it never ceases to amaze me how they don't care about the place they live in (they let dogs do their business wherever, drop garbage wherever, and the list goes on.)

Back