Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Hi everyone,

I'm sure many people were affected by the blackout in the building yesterday evening. Question: Why did we not have access to the water while the blackout was going on? Is it somehow connected to the power somehow? Just curious.... also, I was quite suprised there were no announcements during this whole process. Do they not have a protocol in place? When I saw the concierge yesterday it was total chaos and there was little to no information being passed along.

Just a guess but I suspect the water gets to the upper floors by a pump that is powered by electricity which is why you may not have had water while the power was out.

Hi everyone,

I'm sure many people were affected by the blackout in the building yesterday evening. Question: Why did we not have access to the water while the blackout was going on? Is it somehow connected to the power somehow? Just curious.... also, I was quite suprised there were no announcements during this whole process. Do they not have a protocol in place? When I saw the concierge yesterday it was total chaos and there was little to no information being passed along.

Hi Techia,

when there's no electricity, the water pumps don't work. That's why there's no water- and when it comes back, it's nasty and yellow.

This isn't the first time this issue has happened, and the building staff seem to have no protocol or intention of communicating these problems with residents. That's why other people from the forum have suggested an email list so the residents can let each other know of any problems. Not the ideal solution, but someone had to do something

Anyone has issues with their AC. Our unit stays warm at 25C regardless of what temperature I set it to. The superintendent came in and did something to the thermostat, but the problem persists. The hallway is cool and comfortable however.

Hi everyone,

Did anyone go with the Bell 6 months free promo for TV/Internet bundle? We gave 30 days notice to cancel and have been charged for internet and TV for these last 30 days...... just wondering what other people's experiences were. I'm sure Rogers 6 months free bundle would be similar.

Hi everyone,

Did anyone go with the Bell 6 months free promo for TV/Internet bundle? We gave 30 days notice to cancel and have been charged for internet and TV for these last 30 days...... just wondering what other people's experiences were. I'm sure Rogers 6 months free bundle would be similar.
I went with rogers and didnt get charged for anything, after rogers i attempted bell and they said i have to be on a contract, rogers came to me with an amazing deal for cable and internet

Hey Minnie,

There were two services for the AC units. One to program the thermostat so that it actually controls the AC, and one service related to maintenance of the air filters. I would suggest you go fill out a work order from the front desk and write on the form that the thermostat is not working. Hopefully that will fix your thermostat when they come look at it a second time. Good luck!

Anyone has issues with their AC. Our unit stays warm at 25C regardless of what temperature I set it to. The superintendent came in and did something to the thermostat, but the problem persists. The hallway is cool and comfortable however.

Thanks Alvin. They came in today to adjust the sensor. Finally there is cool air. Temperature is now at a much more comfortable 21C.

So I got an email today for my PDI date for my suite in Tower 3. Aug 22nd. My occupancy date is Aug 25th. I'm both excited about it and anxious at the same time, as this will be my first time going through this process.

I'd appreciate some advice from everyone here on what I should look out for during the inspection. What should I do if I find things, etc, etc. Any words of advice, I'd definitely appreciate.

Back