Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Darn .... all of a sudden AC is not working again....anybody hitting same problem for today ?

The one in our living and dining seems to be blowing in warm air... not hot or cold, just warm.

What do you mean by not working? Is it not blowing anything in, or is it not blowing in cold air?

I was a visitor and I found the parking ramp is weird design. It was like climbing mount everest and there are tones of blind spots towards the end after that quite sharp turn (with huge slope). Hope that won't contribute to accidents as there are quite a number of traffics even the project is not fully completed as far as I know.

I wonder if anybody living at the east side or south east side of the tower above shipping , smelling too much chemical freshener or garbage when they open their windows or going out to the balcony....especially a non-windy day...

Has anybody heard of any new developments regarding internet service to Emerald City? Someone mentioned that we are restricted to Bell/Rogers a few posts back, is that still the case? My Rogers free promo is coming upon 5 months and I need to cancel soon! Anyone have any luck moving from Rogers -> Bell or Bell -> Rogers and getting them to give you another 6 months free (no contract)?

I just got off the phone with TekSavvy (used to be a customer there) and they confirmed that our building is fibre only, and they can not provide us with service as they only offer cable or DSL. A quick search for other fibre providers in Toronto comes up empty with the exception of Telus providing fibre internet to the City Place condos...

Has anybody heard of any new developments regarding internet service to Emerald City? Someone mentioned that we are restricted to Bell/Rogers a few posts back, is that still the case? My Rogers free promo is coming upon 5 months and I need to cancel soon! Anyone have any luck moving from Rogers -> Bell or Bell -> Rogers and getting them to give you another 6 months free (no contract)?

hi, I just joined this forum today..
I purchased tower 3 2 years ago, will soon be moving in there end of this year...
I have seen one of my friend's unit in Tower 1. There is not much positive things i can say about the quality of the build...
and now i have read some of the comments here really makes me nervous about the quality of tower 3...

I would also like to join the email group just so everyone is aware of what's new and helping each other out...

I am a young professional female looking for a 1 Bedroom condo to rent at Emerald City 2 North York (new building). I would prefer something on floors higher above the 5th floor. My first prefernce would be the Onyx floor plan but I am open to others as well. A locker & parking should also be included as well as window coverings.

I currently live in Ottawa, and I will be visiting Toronto July 26 & 27, 2014 weekend and also August 1st & 2nd, 2014 long weekend.

I am starting a job at Government of Canada from September 2014.

I have all the required documents. I have my credit report with good credit, employment offer letter, first and last month rent as well.

Please send me your offers via private message. I am looking to rent from September 1st/2014.

I couldn't post on the Looking to rent forum, hence I am posting here.

Any way we can get them to increase the water pressure? i like my pressure but seems a bit fainter in this building. Also, does anyone have a big cabinet under the counter that can use another shelf? If so where would i get this shelf from?

on sunday i was stuck in the service elevator for 1 hour. the emerg call button worked though and the concierge was very good at keeping in touch. the elevator guy came an hour later, diddnt see or hear him at all but apparently he went to the top to reset the system and it worked after.

New Phase 2 occupant here. Anyone has issues with their washers?

I used my washer last week for the first time, and it's already leaking. Builder's customer care said with appliances, customers would have to call the Brick themselves. I find it ridiculous that I would have to chase after the Brick myself, but I did. A repairman from the Brick came and said parts need to be ordered but can't say how long it would take. He told us to wait for yet another call from the Brick. It's been days, but I still haven't heard back from the Brick.

Also, the water seeped into the laminate flooring, and the floor is bulging now. Certainly requires repair.

I find it very frustrating not having a washer to use. 2 days ago I emailed customer care for help and to request repair on the floor, but still no response.

Overall, not a happy experience so far. Quite a lot of damages and deficiencies in our unit. Builder addressed some, but not all. Damages include a dented fridge. There is a one inch dent on the freezer door. The Brick or the builder, I wonder who is gonna be responsible for it....

There is not much positive things i can say about the quality of the build...
and now i have read some of the comments here really makes me nervous about the quality of tower 3...

Not much positive things I can say either. New tower 2 occupant here.

The one in our living and dining seems to be blowing in warm air... not hot or cold, just warm.

What do you mean by not working? Is it not blowing anything in, or is it not blowing in cold air?

Our unit is not blowing in warm air, but the air is not cold either. I set the desired temperature to 21, the actual room temperature never goes lower than 24 :(

Back