Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

The picture is the interior of the cabinet next to the kitchen sink. This is where all water is moved between the main plumbing and sink/dishwasher. The gray pipe for moving dirty water is installed properly under the shelf. The hot water (red) and cold water (blue) lines are installed above the shelf. With these two lines in the way, the shelf is not usable. This reduces storage in an already small kitchen.

Am I the only one affected in the building?

Mine is the exact same.... the shelf is not usable either.

Hi Ayau,

I'm currently in Tower 1, but have family and friends moving into Tower 2 and Tower 3. As fas as I'm concered, we can keep the email chain for all three towers. Often the problems affect all three (such as power outages, and fire alarms since all three are connected for fire alarms, etc). I can specify in the email heading if the notice is for a specific tower or for all three, should you wish to join.

Hi Ancea, I would like to join the email group too. My address is minniecee@gmail.com

Thanks a lot :)

New Phase 2 occupant here. Anyone has issues with their washers?

I used my washer last week for the first time, and it's already leaking. Builder's customer care said with appliances, customers would have to call the Brick themselves. I find it ridiculous that I would have to chase after the Brick myself, but I did. A repairman from the Brick came and said parts need to be ordered but can't say how long it would take. He told us to wait for yet another call from the Brick. It's been days, but I still haven't heard back from the Brick.

Also, the water seeped into the laminate flooring, and the floor is bulging now. Certainly requires repair.

I find it very frustrating not having a washer to use. 2 days ago I emailed customer care for help and to request repair on the floor, but still no response.

Overall, not a happy experience so far. Quite a lot of damages and deficiencies in our unit. Builder addressed some, but not all. Damages include a dented fridge. There is a one inch dent on the freezer door. The Brick or the builder, I wonder who is gonna be responsible for it....

Was there alot of water leaking and where did it leak? Did they tell you the cause and what needed replacing?

Last edited:
Quite a lot of water leaked out. The repairman said that it is the drain hose that needs to be replaced.

Was it inside machine, outside, or from the wall?
Sorry for all the questions.. My unit is ready in Sept and I've read so many issues with the building that I want to be prepared.

That he didnt say. Be prepared for defects and defficiencies. Prepare a list of them and send to customer care. Overall, i would say they did a shoddy job and i'm very disappointed.

In Schedule B, under the KITCHEN subsection, it says as bullet point "Pre-wiring for optional valance lighting'. I think my Purchase Agreement is pretty standard. I need to go speak to them as well... great informative forum.

Anyone has any luck in resolving this with the Builder? I have this & other minor fixes outstanding on my Tarion 30 days form. I don't think it is worth the $282. 00 Tarion is asking for to visit the suite to inspect this. Anyone? Many thanks!

Can anyone chime in on the town homes in this development?

One of my friend bought a unit back in January and to this day I'm told there's still a few units left, out of a total of only 11 units. I looked at the floorplans and they seem decent. Location is also decent. I'm in the market for a town house and is considering this development as well. However, I'm skeptical why there's only 11 units and for so long it's still not sold out yet. Anyone chime in on why they think this might be the case? It's $680K for 1900+ sq. ft. I believe. My friend also got a free tandem parking spot upgrade and free hardwood flooring in the second floor.

Looking to rent

I am looking for a 1 Bedroom condo to rent at Emerald City 2 or Dream Tower. I would prefer something on floors higher above the 5th floor. I would like to have a kitchen island. A locker & parking should also be included as well as window coverings.

I currently live in Ottawa, and I will be visiting Toronto and also August 1st, 2nd & 3rd 2014 long weekend.

I have looked at many units in Phase 2, but they are all looking for August 1st/2014.

I am looking to rent from September 1st 2014 only.

I am starting a job at Government of Canada from September 8th/ 2014.

I have all the required documents. I have my credit report with good credit, employment offer letter, first and last month rent as well.

Please send me your offers via private message and include email. I am looking to rent from September 1st/2014. My budget is $1300+ hydro, which is a fair price as many units in phase 2 has been rented for that price.

Hi Tinom88,

I have some suggestions that may help you with your search. If you would like, send me a private message and we can discuss.

Can anyone chime in on the town homes in this development?
I don't think it was advertised as much as the condo units... so that may explain why there are a few left. When it was first launched, I remember only condo's were being sold... and then phase 2 was the same thing... in fact, while I knew of the towns, I don't even recall seeing any advertising on it... but that's just me.

Hi everyone,

I'm sure many people were affected by the blackout in the building yesterday evening. Question: Why did we not have access to the water while the blackout was going on? Is it somehow connected to the power somehow? Just curious.... also, I was quite suprised there were no announcements during this whole process. Do they not have a protocol in place? When I saw the concierge yesterday it was total chaos and there was little to no information being passed along.

Back