Ellie Condos (G Group) - Real Estate -

You know what the irony is in all of this?
I asked my lawyer if we are entitled to the interest accrued from the deposits held during these past few years. He said no, if the interest rate is below a certain rate then they don't give it to us and it goes into their law society fund.
So we get cheated out of our deposit by a lawyer and if her "error" is covered by the law society, essentially they'll be paying us back with our own money.
Talk about adding insult to injury. Get screwed by the bad lawyers and then get a second helping from the "good" ones. And then we have to pay the lawyers for getting our money back. So in the end no matter which way you look at it, lawyers get our money. It's good to be a lawyer.

The Toronto Star did an article a few months ago about how the Law Society of Upper Canada rarely reports their own members to the police when they commit crimes like stealing from trust accounts.

Check out the article:
http://projects.thestar.com/broken-trust/

I'm not holding out for justice if meerai cho is guilty. Just hope someone covers the losses.

Last edited:
my lawer told me even law society can compensate us, may be just alittle, not full amount of our deposit

Is there anyway we can report this to media, or how can we get help from goverment??? We must do something!!!

That's good to know....the "little" compensation can be used for the lawyer fees everyone has to pay to get their money back.

my lawer told me even law society can compensate us, may be just alittle, not full amount of our deposit

This really sucks, all those deposits lost for me. How much did you guys lose on on this because of these cheating B@stards??

Hi everyone, my realtor never told me about the change of developer for Centrium project, even i kept asking them if the project is fine all the time. my realtor always told me it's fine. But if the developer changed in 2013, realtor must knew it and they should fully disclose this information to their clients! I am wondering in this case, can i report them to the realtor board for not fully disclosure?

I heard the revised Ontario Condo Act is coming. Anyone can draw their attention about our situation. There is no way that a developer sold their project to another without notify the purchaser. This Korean developer not only took our deposit money. He may also make a good profit on the sale of the land.

Last edited:
Can anyone of us contact the reporter of CP24 since my english is poor, we should report this issue out to public, hope can get some attention from goverment

Just called the police.

I gave them a brief. They will call me back within couple of days for more details.

I am suggesting all to contact them. If we want this to be public we all have to participate.

Can anyone of us contact the reporter of CP24 since my english is poor, we should report this issue out to public, hope can get some attention from goverment

I will try to contact them. But I definitely need more support from you guys.

There are more than 200 people involving this issue. We have to gather them all or at least as much as we can.

The more victims..the more attention from the media or government.

I heard the revised Ontario Condo Act is coming. Anyone can draw their attention about our situation. There is no way that a developer sold their project to another without notify the purchaser. This Korean developer not only took our deposit money. He may also make a good profit on the sale of the land.

Totally Agreed!

Again, encourage every victim starts calling the police!

Anyone knows if real estate board could help in this case?

Hello Kasen,
how did you receive the package? from your lawyer? Can we contact Robert Charles? Thank you!
I received a package from Robert Charles, Trustee in Bankruptcy-Toronto, regarding Meerai Cho's bankruptcy, total debt is $13239358.76CAD. Secured amount is $863101.30. Call the police today, Officer Mr. Bennoch will be in office on Manday, from 6:00 am til 2:00 pm, please call with in that hour.

Hi everyone, should we create a new email address, then all the victims can send their email to this email address, if there is any issue happen, then we can email each other directly, i knew 10 victims so far, and i do ask them to call the police!

Back