Ellie Condos (G Group) - Real Estate -

Refer to Meerai Cho:
1. Please report to Police officer at 32 division.
2. Try to contact media : CTV 416-384-7148 pforan@ctv.ca Mr. Pat Foran ( Any one can do that? ).
3. Contact the law society.

I have sent an email to the reporter (Pat Foran).
Did not receive anything back yet.

Will update...

Hi, everyone,
CTV is one if tge biggest TV media in TORONTO, so hope any of us if have time tomorrow, please go to the media meeting. The More of us go to the meeting the better, and this might catch the politicans' attention, and hope this will drive goverment involved to help us out.

I contacted the LAW TIMES reporter, YAMRI, and she will report our story on LAW TIMES.
If any one, again, the more the better, can email her ur story, amount u invested, or how many units u bought with the time line and story, will make she report the whole issue to public, and this also can make more attention from public.

Our group e-mail: northyork@2014@gmail.com

I have sent an email to the reporter (Pat Foran).
Did not receive anything back yet.

Will update...

On Aug 24, 14 4:00 pm meet at Richmond Green park , Any thing need to confirm please e-mail: northyork@2014@gmail.com

Hi, everyone,
CTV is one if tge biggest TV media in TORONTO, so hope any of us if have time tomorrow, please go to the media meeting. The More of us go to the meeting the better, and this might catch the politicans' attention, and hope this will drive goverment involved to help us out.

I contacted the LAW TIMES reporter, YAMRI, and she will report our story on LAW TIMES.
If any one, again, the more the better, can email her ur story, amount u invested, or how many units u bought with the time line and story, will make she report the whole issue to public, and this also can make more attention from public.

Our group e-mail: northyork@2014@gmail.com

Betty, Alik

I work for CityNews at CityTV and we are very interested in hearing your stories.

My Anchor has just sent an email to northyork2014@gmail.com, betty_li_2000@yahoo.ca, and centriumvictim@gmail.com to get your contact info.

We definitely want to hear from you guys (or any other victims) so if you want to talk please send me a direct message with your email and contact info so we can follow up.

Last edited:
I've just emptied my inbox for those who are trying to contact me.

CityNews (who I work for) will be running the story today. One of the victims has agree to speak with us, and betti has provided us with some details also. Please keep me update on your progress as we do run followup stories from time to time.

From the document:

“ ...The Grounds for the motion are: 1. There are reasonable grounds to believe that Meerai Cho has mishandled and lost approximately $14.9 million in deposit monies paid to her, in trust, by or on behalf of purchasers of condominium units in the Centrium condominium project in North York, by improperly paying those monies to her client, (the vendor of condominium units) contrary to the purchasers’ agreements of purchase and sale and contrary to the Condominium Act 1998, S.O 1998, chapter 19; …”

Hi everyone,

We are running this story today as our lead story on both our 5pm and 6pm newscast.

That's CityNews on CityTV. We stream online also at citynews.ca

From Today's Star

When a group of retail and condo buyers purchased units in an up-and-coming Yonge and Finch building also featuring a hotel, they envisioned packing up their current homes and moving into new ones where they would raise families, grow old and make memories together.

Instead, they say they’ve been subjected to almost nine months of anguish as they fret over what happened to the condos they were expecting and the millions they collectively spent on units at 5220 Yonge St.

Toronto police confirm they are investigating a number of complaints from prospective buyers in the condo development who say they have lost money.

While police couldn’t say how many complaints they have received, Det. Const. Seng Sonemanivong of 32 division’s anti-fraud unit says, “There are numerous victims and we are getting more and more every day.”

Police are asking any other people who have lost money to come forward and help with the “active investigation” into the property.

One prospective buyer, Thomas Ma, says he and his wife have desperately been trying to contact developer Yo Sup (Joseph) Lee of Centrium at North York since January, when Lee sent buyers a letter saying plans for the building had fallen through and down payments would be returned.

They visited the lot where the building was to be constructed and found a few cinder blocks and an old city sign advertising Lee’s development proposal for a 14-storey, 150-hotel suite building and a 30-storey, 258-unit residential tower featuring some commercial space.

Ma says he hasn’t seen a penny of the $40,000 he shelled out for a retail unit in the building. The same is true for 29-year-old Leo Zheng and his wife who spent $120,000 on a commercial space and one-bedroom unit with a balcony and a view of bustling Yonge St. to raise his two children in.

“It was a gift to my wife and a Canadian dream for me because I was an international student who came here (from China), got a degree and job and married and then wanted to start a family in this condo,” Zheng says. “We were supposed to move into the building this year.”

Since finding out that building plans have fallen through, Zheng and other buyers have continued to press for answers about what happened to their money. They have been unable to reach Lee or his lawyer Meerai Choi.

Voicemail messages left by the Star seeking comment on the matter from Choi were not returned. Calls to Lee at a number listed on letters he gave residents were answered with a recording saying the telephone number was not in service.

In July, Ma says he was relieved when a response arrived from Choi saying his money would be returned, but by August he was feeling uneasy again. Another letter had arrived declaring that Choi had filed for bankruptcy and funds could not be recovered.

“Where did the money go?” asks Zheng, who says he plans to begin the hunt for a new home as soon as he gets his money back.

Ma requested to meet with Choi, but he says she refused to see him so he hired a lawyer.

Twu

TW said:
I am a purchaser of Centrium of North York. In July this year, I have ask my lawyer to send a latter to Bratty to ask for return the deposit money. In next couple of days, my lawyer ask me sign a form from Bratty that Bratty will contact the developer & return the deposit money without interest. After couple of weeks, my lawyer tell me that Bratty has difficult to contact the developer and will turn to court to get the permission to release the money from court. Then I receive the big binder from mail. from the Deposit Trust Agreement section, I found the matching date & price of APS. I think I am lucky. Just like to post this info to share.

Back