Ellie Condos (G Group) - Real Estate -

Hi
I am a journalist with Global News. We are hoping to shed a light on this story. If you are a victim, can you please contact me directly at 416 357 9283 as soon as possible?
Would love to hear from you today.
Thank you
Cindy

Always so sad to see Asians ripping off Asians. Such warm people - not at all materialistic, greedy or spiritually hollow - should not have these problems. In Canada.

Last edited:
JJJ,

I was young and naive like you once. I have learned you can't trust Koreans. Yes, they are warm and friendly but they are most definitely materialistic, greedy and spiritually hollow. They act like they want to hug you only so that they can smile in your face while they wrap their arms around you to stab you in the back. Never again.

My deposit is with Bratty as well. It seems the project had two parts. One is residential condo and another is commercial properties. Bratty hold the deposit for residential condo and Cho held commercial's. Bratty is a big and famous law firm. So far I feel lucky money is in good hands. Waiting Bratty to get court order to release the fund to us residential condo purchasers.

TW said:
I am a purchaser of Centrium of North York. In July this year, I have ask my lawyer to send a latter to Bratty to ask for return the deposit money. In next couple of days, my lawyer ask me sign a form from Bratty that Bratty will contact the developer & return the deposit money without interest. After couple of weeks, my lawyer tell me that Bratty has difficult to contact the developer and will turn to court to get the permission to release the money from court. Then I receive the big binder from mail. from the Deposit Trust Agreement section, I found the matching date & price of APS. I think I am lucky. Just like to post this info to share.

My deposit is with Bratty as well. It seems the project had two parts. One is residential condo and another is commercial properties. Bratty hold the deposit for residential condo and Cho held commercial's. Bratty is a big and famous law firm. So far I feel lucky money is in good hands. Waiting Bratty to get court order to release the fund to us residential condo purchasers.

I hope you are right and all the residential buys get their deposit back. My heart still goes out to commercial buyers. Damn you Cho and Lee for what you did and making all Koreans look bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Release question

I hope everyone will get their money back eventually.
I have no knowledge at release procedure so am curious about the steps.
If a lawyer requests the fund release from trust account, bank is supposed to transfer fund without checking anything?
I know bank does not have any obligation or responsibility in legal side because they are only holding money but they might know the fund transfer is not usual to developer in this case.
Which bank was having deposit money?

Besides, as luxome kindly (thank you) pointed out, the builder for this project is Centrust Development, which sounds like yet another unknown 'one project' developer ... so purchasers in this project should be aware of the risks involved (although the regular consumers don't look into these things and only complain later :p)

You called it years ago.

To whom dealing with Bratty,

Please update us and share the results of the hearing which will be held on Sep 2nd.

Please keep in mind that any sort of information can be helpful for us, who are dealing with Meerai Cho.

I really wish that you can have your money back.

Thanks

JJJ,

I was young and naive like you once. I have learned you can't trust Koreans. Yes, they are warm and friendly but they are most definitely materialistic, greedy and spiritually hollow. They act like they want to hug you only so that they can smile in your face while they wrap their arms around you to stab you in the back. Never again.

Agreed. I thought I was the only one has this feeling and experience before.

Meerai Cho's Hearing
Tomorrow (August 26th) at 9:30 am

Address: 130 Queen St West, First Floor

Join us!

Last edited:
Guys, please do not turn your anger against some greedy assholes into racism.

Agreed. I thought I was the only one has this feeling and experience before.

Hey, being Korean, I don't blame you when some of the stuff you mentioned - greedy, nice only outside, sneaky, and etc - are true for some assholes. Trust me, I have met some of them myself as well. Then, all the non-Korean folks I have met in my life were not like that? Come on folks, grow up. I understand you're pissed about these people Joseph Yosup Lee and Meerai Cho. I am pissed too because I am a victim as well. If you take a deep breath and decide to put down some useless racism, I will tell you some information that is not being circulated here. Such as who else is involved other than Meerai Cho and Joseph Yosup Lee. Joseph fled back in 2012, and somebody else took over his position... and He is...

Hey, being Korean, I don't blame you when some of the stuff you mentioned - greedy, nice only outside, sneaky, and etc - are true for some assholes. Trust me, I have met some of them myself as well. Then, all the non-Korean folks I have met in my life were not like that? Come on folks, grow up. I understand you're pissed about these people Joseph Yosup Lee and Meerai Cho. I am pissed too because I am a victim as well. If you take a deep breath and decide to put down some useless racism, I will tell you some information that is not being circulated here. Such as who else is involved other than Meerai Cho and Joseph Yosup Lee. Joseph fled back in 2012, and somebody else took over his position... and He is...

Agree! Racism should not be here. We are all victims. As you see from the news, most purchasers are Asian. Also, it was mentioned at the blog that they started selling the condo in Korea first. There may be many Koreans have the same situation like us.

Back