News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Eaton Centre Shooting

Has anyone been in the food court since the shooting? Was there people looking around while eating their food? Was there more security in that part of the mall?

Has anyone been in the food court since the shooting? Was there people looking around while eating their food? Was there more security in that part of the mall?

The news showed an average sized crowd and those interviewed noticed more security. I'm going to be in the area tomorrow and will likely have lunch there.

Rob Ford made an appearance today, but I found it odd he was handing out business cards and magnets. I don't see the rationale there. Just going there and having a relatively healthy lunch would have been appropriate in my opinion.

I had lunch there today. It was pretty normal; you could overhear people talking about it, but people weren't behaving any differently from usual. There was maybe a bit more security, but it was really just the same two guards walking around.

What was different was all the TV cameras everywhere! Saw Ford walk past with his entourage too.

The news showed an average sized crowd and those interviewed noticed more security. I'm going to be in the area tomorrow and will likely have lunch there.

Rob Ford made an appearance today, but I found it odd he was handing out business cards and magnets. I don't see the rationale there. Just going there and having a relatively healthy lunch would have been appropriate in my opinion.

I think he was trying to avoid being seen eating.

Must... not... eat... at... K... F... C...

Last edited by a moderator:

wow, that sounds completely tasteless.
is he taking advantage of this horrific event for campaigning ???

cdr108:

The cynic in me would say ALL politicians tend to do that - the only difference is they aren't nearly as tactless.

AoD

These things happen in cities. Jane Creba died in 2005. So every 7 years, someone gets shot and killed at the Eaton Centre, and we're supposed to react like there is some sort of systematic problem? The stats show gun violence is decreasing.

What DOES worry me is the Americanisation of Toronto via the ever-growing income gap. Toronto is heading towards the typical American city model with clusters of very rich and very poor throughout.

Locking up and deporting low-income gangters might make us feel good about ourselves, but it's not effective policy.

I encourage you all to watch The Wire.

The 'gun violence' you speak of is really just the tip of an iceberg of social problems in the city. To dismiss it because it doesn't jibe with the 'latte' fantasy version of an urban Toronto is equally reactionary... and America didn't invent the income gap! Travel much?

Eaton Centre shooting victim’s family returns to shop

From this link:

The mother and sister of the 13-year-old boy who was struck by a bullet in the Eaton Centre shooting last Saturday returned to the scene of the crime and did some shopping on Tuesday, police say.

The gesture was a show of support for the Eaton Centre in the aftermath of the horrific event.

The family, however, does not want to talk publicly about this yet.

The 13-year-old, who suffered a bullet wound to the head, is progressing well in hospital, police added.

Christopher Husbands, 23, is facing one count of first-degree murder and six counts of attempted murder in the shooting at the food court.

Meanwhile, police remind people who fled without their belongings from the shooting scene have until 9 p.m. Friday to pick up their possessions at 51 Division.

So far, 28 people have been to the police station at 51 Parliament St., but there is more property available to be picked up. Pickup times are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily until Friday.

Victim Services workers are still on hand at police headquarters to provide counselling for anyone traumatized by the shooting.

There is also a crisis team working out of 51 Division, where people who appear “shell-shocked†have been retrieving things they left at the Eaton Centre, a police source said.

A crisis team is also there to assist victims and provide counselling as they pick up their belongings

wow, that sounds completely tasteless.
is he taking advantage of this horrific event for campaigning ???

He was shown on the news handing out business cards and "Rob Ford For Mayor" fridge magnets to shell-shocked food service workers. They even closed the segment noting what Ford had done during his visit and held up both the magnet and business card. This man continues to boggle my mind, I mean you can't write this stuff.

He was shown on the news handing out business cards and "Rob Ford For Mayor" fridge magnets to shell-shocked food service workers. They even closed the segment noting what Ford had done during his visit and held up both the magnet and business card. This man continues to boggle my mind, I mean you can't write this stuff.

That's incredible.

cdr108:

The cynic in me would say ALL politicians tend to do that - the only difference is they aren't nearly as tactless.

AoD

I think the closest analogous situation we have was Jean Chretien detouring to China Town for lunch during the SARS crisis. At least that was done with some class, as I recall no fridge magnets were handed out.

Dumbass scumbag:

9b94210a4b7680755c42990629a1.jpg

I hope he gets to experience Kingston Pen before it closes.

EDIT: Accidentally posted a picture of the victim instead of the shooter.

Last edited:
Dumbass scumbag:

victim.jpeg

I hope he gets to experience Kingston Pen before it closes.

Too late for this scumbag to experience Kingston Pen before it closes!

That is a picture of the decedent (a Somalian born gang-banger).

He was buried the day before yesterday in a Muslim ceremony.

We can take comfort in the fact that he is now pushing up daisies somewhere in the GTA. :)

Last edited:
Too late for this scumbag to experience Kingston Pen before it closes!

That is a picture of the decedent (a Somalian born gang-banger).

He was buried the day before yesterday in a Muslim ceremony.

We can take comfort in the fact that he is now pushing up daisies somewhere in the GTA. :)

Whoops, that came up when I searched Christopher Husbands, the shooter. Now I just feel awful, though he was a gang member anyway.
Fixing it asap.

Back