News   Apr 24, 2024
 959     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Dwell City Towns (427 & Rathburn, Menkes, ?s, ?) (was Sell-Off Condos)

FRAM has a very good reputation locally - afaik they are very, very solid.....maybe they will need to restructure ownership of the project if Avari is having trouble with the bank...

Is there a way to start a petition or something? I would really hate it if I merely got my money back. I would like to get some sort of interest. It is not fair to any of us who have put the deposits in excess of 20,000$ and get nothing back on it after 2 years.

Any legal advise/suggestions are welcome.

hello,

I actually was in contact with the solicitor Philip Gordon and was told that currently the project is being discussed. They are not sure if it will be cancelled or redesigned (to my understanding-taken over by another company). I spoke to one of the assistants at the law office who said that they are in the works of figuring out what is going to happen...whether they will cease the project or not. In the even that the project is a no go-we will all get our deposits back. Howeve, if the decision is that someone else will take over the project-no deposits will be returned. I spoke to my lawyer and was advised until a breach of contract hass been made it is hard to demand your deposit back. Once a formal letter is sent and no response has been made...I believe that's when Torion will get involved. I mean, this just all happened today...the information I got...Somethings may not be too too exact...but overall-it's on hold...and I myself would like my money back...When I requested that my deposit be returned. Philip no longer wanted to discuss the situation with me...

Holiday Towers/ Sell-off

Hi there, I am so happy to see that I am not alone!!! For a moment I thought I was the only buyer of this project that was enduring such stress. I too have spoken with Steve, whom advised that they are working on getting a letter out to the purchasers. All he could tell me was that the project has been put on 'hold' and that the owner has encountered some personal issues. He, however, was unable to provide me with a time frame of when that would occur. He also confirmed that the deposit is covered under the Condo Act. As well an attorney has advised me that Tarion covers the deposit as well. When I did speak with an attorney, they did tell me that really my hands would be tied until the 'occupancy date' given to me has passed. I don't know about the rest of you investors, but I never received an actual date that I would occupy MY suite. The only date I ever received was the tentative occupancy of April 2011 - which is just around the corner!! I had told Steve that I would give him until tomorrow, so let's see what happens.

I did express to Steve my great dissappointment in the lack of communication that I have rec'd from both the builder and the sales team, and frankly my experience with In2ition should have been a warning sign!! This has put me on such an emotional rollercoaster rider that turns into the 'had I only known' I would have opted for a different project. the Park Nuvo by kipling already has begun construction and for me to acquire a suite with the sq footage that I've got is going to cost me a minimum of $25,000 more than what I paid.

For those of you that would like to file a petition or something that would work in our favour, please consider me behind you 100%. I am fed up with has happened and feel that we deserve something better that we have gotten. This was my first purchase and I have just about regreted my decision. How terrible!!!

I sent Avari, Fram and Philip Gordon all an email on Sept 29 and I am still waiting to hear back. I would like to start a petition but not sure how to go about doing that. They should suffer some stress as well since they are sitting on our money and not even answering our emails. Anyone has any suggestions?

The only thing I can suggest is to be continously persistent. Don't stop calling and emailing them until you get an answer and the answer you get is satisfactory. Let them know your anger and frustration and that you won't put up with their B.S. If enough people do this then maybe they will start to give some proper answers. Avari, Fram, and Philip Gordin should all be held accountable. This is outrageous what they are doing to purchasers!

Hello Everyone,

My sales agent just sent me a msg to contact him as he did advise that they are not building! We are supposed to chat tomorrow...Please contact your agents/lawyers if needed to go and request/demand your deposites...I will see what my agent says and post it asap!

Good luck...and lets demand what is ours back...enough of this back and forth business...it's not like it's $1 here and there...

Hey, I was just speaking with my sales agent. Have any of you purchasers been given either an actual or tentative date of when you would be taking ownership of your actual suite?

I think we should all try to plan to get together (meet my potential neighbours) and try to put something together so that ALL of our best interests are not only kept but met too!!!

BTW, just sent AVARI a very expressed email and cc'd FRAM. We need to support each other on this and try to find the rest of the purchasers so that we can stand together as a united and powerful front!!!

The move-in date for the Sell Off towers was given as April 2012.

Can't believe all of this is going on with NO one available to comtact, or any communication back our way. We know the inevitable is that it will be cancelled, so why not take the classier route and just inform us, instead of us being the ones to panic and contantly email fram/gordin/avari.

SO frustrated.

I say we get the media involved and bring this to public's attention. If they are jerking us around like this I think their reputation must suffer. I personally will never invest with Avari or FRAM again.
So what can we do to shake them a little bit and let them know they can't just walk all over their purchasers.
Can TARION help?

Just sent another nasty email to Avari, Steve Lorimer from Fram, Philip Gordin the lawyer, and in2ition the brokerage. Let's see if they respond. I lost track of the number of email I sent and still I haven't received a proper response.

Back