News   Apr 24, 2024
 27     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 237     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 560     0 

Dufferin Street: Eliminating the jog

Crews were installing steel skin to the steel supports for the new underpass on April 15 and they will be there for a few weeks to finish it off. The new bridges to the east delay a week.
5624767340_acc3fea529_b.jpg

5624163721_b58a497c57_b.jpg

5624162339_5bfd0fd216_b.jpg

5624161149_8a9f3ac4d0_b.jpg

5624160065_0192678724_b.jpg

Nice high-quality photo's.
By any chance where you at Aldershot this past week drum? Had feeling that might of been you (most guys who record stuff aren't that meticulous, but you obviously are) with the video cam/tripod setup writing down stuff in a binder. After I stopped the train I went over to say hi but it was too late.

Not me as I don't write things down nor use a tripod. Just keep things upstairs. Haven't been to Aldershot in a year and one of my must visit place on my list.

Haven't used my camcorder in a year or 2, as MS OS hates it when I try to view the video I shot. Use the video on my camara these days.

Last edited:
Ok, someone else then. Don't blame you for not visiting Aldershot, nothings changed in a while there.

So I take it by May all lanes will be open in the underpass.

Ok, someone else then. Don't blame you for not visiting Aldershot, nothings changed in a while there.

So I take it by May all lanes will be open in the underpass.
I have followed Aldershot before the construct started on it and it too bad the housing complex didn't get built where that empty parking lot is. A few new GO customers could be living there now.

I love how it was stated during the EA and the construction stage that the Cold Storage build would not interfer with GO operation, yet within a year of GO stated to used that new track next to it, the building was tore down. I saw it being a problem from day one when first plan.

I have the before shots of the area also like I do for Burlington and a few others.

All the lanes where open in the underpass before this work started.

Anyone notice they closed the closed staircase up the subway under the tracks?

You talking about the south side one and if so, closed for a decade or more. Done when the station was removed.

If it brick in, that new and I miss it on Friday when I was there.

May 08
The old stairwell entrance to the bygone Parkdale station has been block up as noted in the past.

Not only has the the entrance been block up, but the stairwell has been filled in as it is right under where the new track 2 is going in.

Only a small section of metel enclouser still has to be finish and that should be done by next weekend.

Still waiting to hear when the new bridges are to be install since that was supposed to happen a few weekends ago.

No more ties or rail has been installed for track 7, let alone 6 and 8.
5702741000_5d9828ce49_b.jpg

5702736096_b7e44484b5_b.jpg

5702737424_95eaf0c35f_b.jpg

5702751170_293bdffd0f_b.jpg

5702772776_2982e42b1b_b.jpg

5702197709_267da6396b_b.jpg

Going northbound on 29 tonight, I noticed all the metal cover is not installed yet. I guess the weather has play a part on the delay.

The 2 new bridges will not be install until the fall after the detour for the 504 line is over. That detoure starts May 30th now and only found one notice on King St for it.

Track crews where tammpering track 8, which is a shock, since there were no ties or rail south of Queen St 2 weeks ago or rail on the bridge then.

I saw them finishing up the metal cladding this afternoon. Looking pretty nice. The bike lanes are much appreciated too--makes it a little nicer to bike up Dufferin now. Can't wait to see the Jacob work go up.

I have lurked around Urban Toronto for months. decided to register to respond to this thread, as my bedroom window literally backs up to the CN/GO lines under construction. There was a flurry of activity all long weekend. When I say all weekend, I mean almost 24 hours a day from Friday to this morning. Made for a rather un-enjoyable holiday weekend, not to mention lost sleep from the constant noise. However, I digress. Nothing I can do about it. On that note though, an update: They finally have track 7 open and installed after months of inactivity on the site. They, for some reason pulled up track 3. Not sure why, was actually looking for info on it when I came across this thread. So now trains crawl across tracks 4,5,7.

They were planting trees and other things today
June 23
5866864280_49dc25a9cc_b.jpg

5866312091_975410c11e_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back