News   Apr 26, 2024
 527     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 387     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 580     0 

Downtown Markham

an Iphone pic from sat. apologize for the glare!

4360b97f.jpg

That's from the 407 ? Not all of that will be the retail phase then. The part underneath is parking and underneath is offices (not being marketed yet) no ?

Ah gotcha, but I think only building L and M are under construction now no ?
i.e. the ciniplex + hotel ?

Any ideas what will be going into L and M, how large are they ?

Other than Cineplex, nothing has been announced. The plans call for restaurants and retail, so let's hope it's something decent.

This presentation by Quadrangle from the arena consultations has some updated plans for Downtown Markham, including the straightening of Enterprise Boulevard: http://www.markham.ca/wps/wcm/conne...ERES&CACHEID=f2da12804bcb21f2837bf380de9e677b

dm1.jpg

dm2.jpg

dm3.jpg

dm4.jpg

dm5.jpg

Everyone: This is interesting...Literally a new Downtown for Markham....

This reminds me of the Nassau Hub project here on Long Island that was rejected
by Nassau County taxpayers...One object of this project would have been a new
Coliseum to keep the NHL NY Islanders there...They may move after their NC lease
expires in 2015...Another reason for its downfall I believe was NIMBY opposition...

LI MIKE

As in most suburban downtown plans, there's way too much parkland /greenspace. Do they really need parks spanning four blocks connecting the Rouge River Parkland to the linear park along the 407. And all those woods along Warden won't give the feel of a downtown core.

As in most suburban downtown plans, there's way too much parkland /greenspace. Do they really need parks spanning four blocks connecting the Rouge River Parkland to the linear park along the 407. And all those woods along Warden won't give the feel of a downtown core.

And the people downtown Toronto complaining about not having enough parkland to raise their kids. Oh the irony.

Other than Cineplex, nothing has been announced. The plans call for restaurants and retail, so let's hope it's something decent.

I would hope for a Bier Markt, like the one they added at Shops at Don Mills.

Last edited:
An August photo update.

b0aefe45.jpg

a47b5957.jpg

5547c947.jpg

6c6fc3e4.jpg

I'm liking the townhomes more now they are are largely complete.

627dbed6.jpg

e5f46953.jpg

Crane for Cineplex and the rest of buildings L and M.

8a4f33d2.jpg

Future hotel site, which should be the next in line for construction (buildings J and K).

2df187c2.jpg

Office buildings

00f5c91f.jpg

3607a18d.jpg

The western part of Markham Centre in the distance:

6f6834dc.jpg

The eastern part of Markham Centre in the distance:

1497397c.jpg

Uptown Markham in the distance:

7c52e321.jpg

The VIVA Transitway:

c9fbd4a5.jpg

324835a8.jpg

d06b89d8.jpg

ea0e4e5c.jpg

drove by today and 2 cranes are now up in the ciniplex hole. the lower parking levels are beginning to be formed on the eastern side... no pics, sorry.

Back