News   Apr 23, 2024
 361     1 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 371     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

Food fight: Jeff York is growing the Farm Boy chain one chef-prepared meal at a time
Financial Post, Alicia Androich, 29 May 2017

"Farm Boy is also working to open roughly a dozen stores around the Greater Toronto Area and Golden Horseshoe region over the next few years."

Farm Boy is testing (or about to test) an urban concept store in Ottawa, but otherwise most of its stores are the suburban grocery store model. Hopefully, one or more of these planned GTA stores will be in the core, but we'll have to wait and see. I suspect they will colonize the 'burbs first before venturing downtown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know which grocery store is going in One York/Harbour Plaza? Lots of signs in the Path at One York saying "Gourmet Grocery Store Coming Soon". This sign has been up since before Christmas... maybe someone here knows what it's going to be?

H-Mart just did a lease deal for the former American Apparel space at 338 Yonge Street. Like the H-Mart at Yonge and Charles, it will be a fairly small store.

On that note, there's another Korean supermarket opening soon near Yonge and Wellesley at 558 Yonge st (Galleria Supermarket). It will have a smaller format but *may* have a take out section like the one from York Mills and Don Mills (I may be wrong on the latter).

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:
That would be awesome if it did. Galleria at Y/D Mills have a great takeout and prepared foods section, one of my go-to lunch places right now in that area.

Last edited:
H-Mart just did a lease deal for the former American Apparel space at 338 Yonge Street. Like the H-Mart at Yonge and Charles, it will be a fairly small store.

Has this been confirmed? There's still a "For Lease" sign in the window...unless it's referring to upper levels of the building?

i visit the Canary District about once a month; it's an easy 20+ minute walk from my home. i always figured the newly developing neighbourhood needs a grocery store. although St. Lawrence Market, No Frills, Metro, Loblaws (on Lower Jarvis Street), and T&T are relatively close by, a grocery store within the Canary District would be ideal.

huh. For some reason I thought I remembered that being a No Frills. And recently too. Not that I am exactly super familiar with the area. I've parked in the plaza once to check my phone I think, and that is it.

Back