News   Jul 25, 2024
 498     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 591     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 468     0 

Downsview Sunrise Propane Explosion

I live way south by the lake and I saw/heard this very clearly... Every condo facing me lit up in bright orange for a few seconds.. Obviously looked exactly like sunrise, but a tad too early.. The subsequent blast woke up my parents.

While I am in Sudbury, I heard from someone I know on QQ that the explosion caused ripples in the water just amazing!

Massive Explosion Rocks North Toronto

A friend and I were sitting on my balcony on the 24th floor at Wellesley & Jarivs and not only did we hear this, but felt it. About 3-5 seconds later the sound from the blasts echoed off the buildings downtown. I knew immediately it was an explosion but when I stood up to look and saw nothing, (I face towards the lake) I figured it was something behind my building to the north. I actually expected the power to go off at any moment, the sound and vibration of the blast was so dramatic.
I couldn't believe that it was so far away from where I live when I read the news.
A friend nearby at Wellesley & Bay awoke to the sound but said he didn't feel it but my friend and I know what we felt!

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/475696

I heard the first bang (I live by Lakeshore and Park Lawn) while walking home... We thought it was thunder... I get back home and as I'm staring out the window (I face south towards condos and an office building) they suddenly lit up bright orange as if the sun was rising.. I call my friend and at that moment this heavy explosion echoed through the neighbourhood and woke up my house... I immediately thought it was something right beside me, instead of so far to the north.

I was awake when it happened after having bday party at my place, near allen and lawrence. I thought the building was collapsing and then could see reflections of fire off of the buildings near bathurst and lawrence. I had to go get my friend who lives in a condo right at keele and wilson, so I had to travel in to the area and it was mayhem on the roads all right, everyone parked on the 401, while CSIS like trucks zipped by along with fire, ambulance, police of course. Crazy night, scary explosions still.

Flames are still coming from the property. I'll post a few new pics soon.

Meanwhile, I posted this on Spacing.

Here it is, still going strong.

2751411072_7157542b03.jpg

A firefighter was killed battling this monster. My deepest condolences.

Meanwhile, here's the bus shelter at Wilson and Dubray, hit by a flying propane cylinder.

2750930966_d93599098a.jpg

That bus shelter pic is truly scary, considering that it must be several hundred feet from the actual fire. If anyone had been in that shelter, I wouldn't have bet on their survival.

Back