News   Apr 25, 2024
 175     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 420     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Don River Valley Park

Thanks, the work certainly needs to be done as the current trail really needs work and this cannot occur if trail is open. Any idea on dates?

Not sure. Contract should have been awarded by now, so I would tend to think the closure will be sometime soon. It was penciled in for spring.

I don't have any info on the duration, it will certainly be at least six weeks; but it could easily be double that.

Reactions: DSC
Not sure. Contract should have been awarded by now, so I would tend to think the closure will be sometime soon. It was penciled in for spring.

I don't have any info on the duration, it will certainly be at least six weeks; but it could easily be double that.
I got a brochure in the mail from the City that says the trail will be closed for most of 2021. They will first convert Bayview ave to a multituse trail as a detour from Corktown common to Rosedale Valley road, and then close the lower don trail for construction.

I got a brochure in the mail from the City that says the trail will be closed for most of 2021. They will first convert Bayview ave to a multituse trail as a detour from Corktown common to Rosedale Valley road, and then close the lower don trail for construction.

Excessive, but not a total surprise.

Thanks, the work certainly needs to be done as the current trail really needs work and this cannot occur if trail is open. Any idea on dates?
As @Northern Light reported was coming - the City have just painted the "guide marks" for the painters of the new (replacement) trail on Bayview from River Street to Mill Street. I assume that the actual lines and pictograms will go in soon and then the trail work will begin. The trail along the Don does need to be upgraded but I will be sorry not to have use of it for several months - I bet until late fall.

Work on the trail that takes a car lane away on Bayview is starting tonight. The work should be completed within the next 9 days - hopefully I’m not wrong.
That is not the full story. The project includes more: Converting the existing painted bike lanes from Queen Street to Mill Street to a temporary bi-directional multi-use trail.

This came by surprise for me. Last year the discussion concluded that the road is not wide enough below Queen to fit in a trail. Now, we see a car lane taken away. A novum for Toronto in my opinion. Excellent!

Work on the trail that takes a car lane away on Bayview is starting tonight. The work should be completed within the next 9 days - hopefully I’m not wrong.
That is not the full story. The project includes more: Converting the existing painted bike lanes from Queen Street to Mill Street to a temporary bi-directional multi-use trail.

This came by surprise for me. Last year the discussion concluded that the road is not wide enough below Queen to fit in a trail. Now, we see a car lane taken away. A novum for Toronto in my opinion. Excellent!

Wait they're making it one-way for cars? Whoa.

Back