News   Jul 04, 2024
 267     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 440     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 530     1 

Disappearing Subway Maps

Oh i thought they actually sent you a copy of the ones that are being stolen, thats a dissapointment...

I guess it depends how you phrased the question. Did you ask "How do I get a replica of one of those big subway maps in the train ... is there a way other than stealing it from the train?" or did you ask "How do I get a subway map?"?

I asked him if they were considering selling TTC merchandise (I'd love scale models of all the subway models the TTC has had!), especially with the stealing of the maps on subway cars. He said That I could already get them through customer service. So I don't really know if he meant the ones being stolen on the subway.

What does Agram mean by Legacy renewed? Is their a compnay that sells TTC merchandise already?

Yeah, it's at Union Station. It's not too great of shop though. TTC could have got a way better merchandising agreement with someone else.

Yeah, it's at Union Station. It's not too great of shop though. TTC could have got a way better merchandising agreement with someone else.

Is the shop ever open? I pass through the station twice a day and have never seen it so.

I was thinking that the blank spots where the subway maps used to be would make a nice spot for the Save Our Subway people (or other transit enthusiasts) to advertise their fantasy subway maps. I'd think pulling the stunt of posting fantasy maps on subway trains would immediately catch the attention of subway passengers, the media, and even the TTC.

I was thinking that the blank spots where the subway maps used to be would make a nice spot for the Save Our Subway people (or other transit enthusiasts) to advertise their fantasy subway maps. I'd think pulling the stunt of posting fantasy maps on subway trains would immediately catch the attention of subway passengers, the media, and even the TTC.

Great idea! Thanks.

poster03.jpg

Or can backfire, leading people to believe SOS is the organization responsible for missing subway maps.

Is the shop ever open? I pass through the station twice a day and have never seen it so.

They've been having a "one week only" sale of "5 t-shirts for $20" for about 4 months now. Is this place run by the same people who had that store at Yonge and Granby that had a "90% off going out of business liquidation sale" for several years? This store is a delapodated disgrace. Unfortunately, I imagine it has done so poorly, it is cheaper to leave it closed than pay someone sit inside and sell nothing.

I don't know how business is for Chantéle (sic) across the hall from the Transit Stuff sotre, but at least they made the space presentible with attractive signage and colours.

Or can backfire, leading people to believe SOS is the organization responsible for missing subway maps.

Very valid point. Although if we make a point of not putting it where EVERY missing subway map is, I think it should debunk the fact that we're stealing the signs. Although we may get a cease and decist notice from the TTC, haha.

Car maps still AWOL (+Transit Stuff store)

Most of my trips are on Yonge, but the few times I am on BD the average is 3 or 4 missing maps (out of 4).

--
I too would like to see Transit Stuff spruced up. I'm pretty sure it should be open daily unless the salesperson is on break.

Some of Ted Wickson's classic TTC postcards are available there now.

To compare the MTA's store in Grand Central with the thing we have at Union is really disheartening. I'm sure a few forum members here have been to the MTA and I think it shows a great example of what can be done.

It could potentially lead to media buzz, gaining you the kind of interviews and attention you may never get otherwise.

It's a great idea! Even if I disagree with y'all ... it's still a great idea.

Back