News   Jul 04, 2024
 451     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 525     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 556     1 

Disappearing Subway Maps

The idea is sound, but the wording is terrible. "Then comes the turn of trains & stations"? What the hell?

I think you'd get a lot of people fired up about stopping the evil dudes who want to eliminate the YUS and Bloor lines, that's for sure. Not sure who those evil dudes are exactly, but people would hate them!

I took up the TTC's offer of free subway system maps. I went to Customer Service at the MDP Office at TTC Head Office and got a pair of free maps.

4348025056_c5bed094d6_b.jpg

Clearly the maps being given out are not the ones in the trains. Noticeably missing are the safety information boxes that are on the sides of the ones in the trains.

I'm still puzzled about why the TTC would give these things out for free when they know that there is a market for transit souvenirs in Toronto (just look at the example of Spacing's subway buttons).

Got my copy today, its pretty nice! All glossy and all. I assume it was printed in April 2009 judging from the date at the bottom.

As spotted by members of the CPTDB, subway trains are now getting subway maps as stickers instead of removable cards.

Photo by one of the mebers:
DSC00528_lg.JPG

Interesting... Thats a good idea, but people will just rip them off, because some people are just out there to damage things. Thanks for the update I'll keep a look out for these.

Interesting... Thats a good idea, but people will just rip them off, because some people are just out there to damage things. Thanks for the update I'll keep a look out for these.

READ: I'll give it a try and see if I can rip it off without tearing it to stick onto my wall above my bed.

:)

Back