News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 399     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Maybe it takes the Conservatives over investing into the SSE now to compensate for the Liberals' disinterested lack of investment dollars into the suburb rapid transit expansion all these decades.
Maybe it takes an independent audit of the SSE...*with the results open for all to read* to determine what investment is apt?

The "Line by Line Audit" that isn't supposed to be ready until Sept 21 is already being referenced by the Cons. And who's to correct them? There is absolutely no legislative or legal mechanism for it to be viewed by anyone other than the Cons themselves since FOI legislation does apply to the A-G and any other QP department that produces audits, but not "private" audits! The taxpayer pays for this, but can't see it. Nor is the Opposition privy to see it.

There's democracy for you. All Hail our Glorious Leader!

Conservatives hate wasting money, but who wastes the most money?

As far as transit goes, Conservative politicians certainly waste a lot in favour of plans that are either less efficient or effective.

Politicians of all stripes are a lot more alike than we'd care to admit.

We waste more money studying, debating and not building.

Overbuilding for the long term future can also be considered Conservative. Just build.

I wouldn't call the Liberal disinterested considering GO RER will cost $15 Billion to do. The Libs seemed onboard to spend that money for the burbs, will the Cons being willing to do the same?

I'm waiting to be impressed. Promised spending - during a campaign the Liberals knew going in that they were unlikely to win - is totally different from actual dollars spent. $15 billion could build a lot of subways through new areas vs. recycling services that's already available in the rail corridors.

And GO RER at a premium fare price point and infrequent scheduling won't do jack to aid most inner-416 commuter travel.

We waste more money studying, debating and not building.

Overbuilding for the long term future can also be considered Conservative. Just build.

Most of the YUS and all of the Bloor-Danforth subway lines were built during the 42 year Conservative utopic reign. Sheppard subway also a PC production. Food for thought.

Sometimes I wish this debate would just end, it's not like we're creating any new talking points or bringing up new arguments. Like it or not (I certainly don't), the PCs are in power and they want to build this project, so it will get done. Let them, it's not going to hurt anyone, especially if it's built with 3 stops. Keesmaat has a point. Put the 700M somewhere else, Eglinton East perhaps?

We had a studied and funded plan and then people cancelled it at 100 million and started studying again. That's the conservative way. Magically Saving you money by spending and promising you more while delivering you less years later.

The liberals had plans and eventually didn't see their vision built before being kicked out. Studying and funding a subway is going to take longer than a lrt. Conservatives might not be in power by the time they want to build. So there's no guarantee this will be built.
Sometimes I wish this debate would just end, it's not like we're creating any new talking points or bringing up new arguments. Like it or not (I certainly don't), the PCs are in power and they want to build this project, so it will get done. Let them, it's not going to hurt anyone, especially if it's built with 3 stops. Keesmaat has a point. Put the 700M somewhere else, Eglinton East perhaps?

The liberals had plans and eventually didn't see their vision built before being kicked out. Studying and funding a subway is going to take longer than a lrt. Conservatives might not be in power by the time they want to build. So there's no guarantee this will be built.
Cancelling someone else's plan may be annoying, but it appears that all governments do it (i.e. Chretien cancelling EH-101 Helicipters, Trudeau cancelling F-35 jets, Ford cancelling windmills).
The worst part is when governments spend $100's of millions cancelling their own plans. This seems to be a Liberal invention (i.e. Gas Plants, Scarborough LRT and subway).

Agreed all governments waste money and cancel things. Subway advocates better hope that conservatives are in power for at least 8 years. Sadly as a liberal supporter mostly I must admit that I am disappointed that for all the years the liberals were in power recently shovels never made it into the ground for finch lrt, eglinton got delayed, Sheppard got delayed and scarborough lrt got cancelled out of fear of ford. All those years and not much to show for it. So I anticipate the same can be true with ford in power. A lot of talk and little action and eventually a new government canceling your projects before they get off the ground.

The debate is officially over except in the hearts of very few. All the remaining games being played were foiled once Ford took the Premiers office. For those few who've always been against a better connection to the Scarborough Centre Jen Keesmaat was the final albeit false hope and crushed them by taking the softer road and waving the white flag on these part of Transit City. The local NDP who choose to never waver the last decade have now officially stopped fighting for the transfer LRT both here and on Sheppard for the first time. This will be a great loop connecting Scarborough Centre into the City.

Id also love to see the City use the old levy and whatever it takes to address the remaining LRT lines throughout the City whether given the opportunity by the Province to use the SSE levy or not.

Last edited:
lol! That's hilarious...It's only just begun.

Yes as hilarious as Jen Keesmaats Mayoral hopes you long for.... Anyhow you're right its not fully over.... Will it be 1 stop or slight delay for multiple stops?

Ohh wait let me guess what you'll say next. "this is what Keesmaat wants us all to think as she plays us all with her master plan? Yada Yada. "Dog" will cancel and build a freeway on the RT corridor." or something along these lines.

Last edited:

Back