News   Jul 15, 2024
 108     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

no Michael - I'm not a politician. I am a Transit Innovator. Kindly don't mock until you know who you are mocking. Cost Breakdown: FREE TRAIN STORAGE, aside from a small amount of track, and a short shed covering with locks to keep out vandalism. 10 short 1 to 2 car trains cost about 4 million dollars each, and lastly, "my small innovation fee". Cost Savings 12 Billion Dollars. Any other questions?

You made that up?

Damn, I thought some uninformed future idiot politician made it.

I now feel bad and feel I need to apologize to those future politicians.

ohhhhhhhhhh, that's right, we are in a municipal election.

Lets see the real cost breakdown.
COST BREAKDOWN:
10 short trains
1,000 feet of train in the hydro-corridor
1 train shed covering of 1,000
COST for trains about 40 million dollars
COST for train shed covering, paid for by advertisers
COST for short amount of track - donated by the Province

Now you have a 13 km subways system and 10 stops, not just 1, not just 3.

I've met with Bruce McCuaig, Andy Byford, Chris Upfold, Doug Ford, Joe Pennachetti,
each of these persons, know first hand, "I am a Transit Innovator".
John Tory - ignored all emails.
Jennifer Keesmaat - ignored all emails.
Now let see where things go from here>>>
Will Doug build an underground subway to Markham for about 10 Billion Dollars
OR will he build "Smart Subways" for under 200 Million Dollars?
i my friend, am a true innovator disruptor.

unless. you wish all of us to be taxed an extra 10 billion. for no reason at all.

can anyone help me, help all of us?

COST BREAKDOWN:
10 short trains
1,000 feet of train in the hydro-corridor
1 train shed covering of 1,000
COST for trains about 40 million dollars
COST for train shed covering, paid for by advertisers
COST for short amount of track - donated by the Province

Now you have a 13 km subways system and 10 stops, not just 1, not just 3.

I've met with Bruce McCuaig, Andy Byford, Chris Upfold, Doug Ford, Joe Pennachetti,
each of these persons, know first hand, "I am a Transit Innovator".
John Tory - ignored all emails.
Jennifer Keesmaat - ignored all emails.
Now let see where things go from here>>>
Will Doug build an underground subway to Markham for about 10 Billion Dollars
OR will he build "Smart Subways" for under 200 Million Dollars?
i my friend, am a true innovator disruptor.

unless. you wish all of us to be taxed an extra 10 billion. for no reason at all.

can anyone help me, help all of us?

Donated by the province? Who is your drug dealer, cus, damn!! That is some good stuff.

Paid for by advertisers? You do know someone has to foot the initial bill. So, what is that initial cost? How long will it take advertisers to pay for that?

I can see why they would not return your emails.

Don't subway stops cost $40 million each?
actually "subway stops" cost 300 Million Each.

This innovation uses existing GO train stops,,, while creating subway like service of 2 way service every 5 minutes.............. feeding into Kennedy Station a KEY TRANSFER hub.
Andy Byford had it all wrong, they all had it all wrong.
The term "world class seamless transit" is bogus.

YOU MUST HAVE TRANSFERS.
you must know where to "create intended transfers".
All so called experts were wrong. you need a transfer at Kennedy !

There is no such thing as seamless transit, otherwise this is called "a taxi"

Donated by the province? Who is your drug dealer, cus, damn!! That is some good stuff.

Paid for by advertisers? You do know someone has to foot the initial bill. So, what is that initial cost? How long will it take advertisers to pay for that?

I can see why they would not return your emails.
So let's price out one of those garages for you...

Those premade garages for say 100 feet long are about $8,000.

So if it is 1,000 feet long at $80,000

and each 100 foot panel is an advertising panel at $1,000 a year

now the whole thing is paid for in 8 years !

comments like yours, YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR TAXES RAISED.
I'm sorry, I guess you don't care about taxes, since you don't own your own home.
That's why your poor attitude. My friend I have put 10 years developing this work, and have had 3 private meeting with Mr. Ford. So keep your questions professional kindly.

So let's price out one of those garages for you...

Those premade garages for say 100 feet long are about $8,000.

So if it is 1,000 feet long at $80,000

and each 100 foot panel is an advertising panel at $1,000 a year

now the whole thing is paid for in 8 years !

comments like yours, YOU DESERVE TO HAVE YOUR TAXES RAISED.
I'm sorry, I guess you don't care about taxes, since you don't own your own home.
That's why your poor attitude. My friend I have put 10 years developing this work, and have had 3 private meeting with Mr. Ford. So keep your questions professional kindly.

If you have put 10 years into this plan, you have bee wasting your time.

For something to be viable, it needs to pay for itself within 5 years. 88 years is 3 years too long, so it is a failure.

Premade garages? Seriously? They would not meet the requirements of lasting or being constructed to commercial codes for the train stations.

I do own a house. I would rather it be done right and my taxes go up, than some cheap thing that keeps my taxes low.

@subway safety You seem to infer that you have piqued Fords curiosity enough to have multiple meetings, just how much interest do you believe he has in your plans from these meetings? Interesting that both the 3 stop SSE & DRL lines Ford has campaigned on previously would have to be scrapped. This is certainly not in line with "promise made, promise kept" whatsoever but could possibly explain the "subway to Pickering as something slightly more than political lip service?

Any luck following the Dragons Den?

Last edited:
That's an awfully busy map. A few questions.
  1. Is this purple a shuttle (i.e. Oshawa to Pickering shuttle), and then everyone gets off and gets on the red line (i.e. Pickering to Main), or hops on the more rapid Green GO line (i.e. directly from Main to Union). Similarly the Red portion (i.e. Pickering to Main portion) picks up passengers and they are forced to transfer to the green GO line (i.e. at Main).
  2. It seems to involve a lot of trains reversing directions, which will affect the capacity of the line, and major forced transfers will require much larger platforms at stations.
  3. Why not have half the purple "Oshawa to Pickering shuttle" just switch to express to Union. This way, nobody has to transfer. Those wanting to get off in the Pickering to Main portion would have to wait until the next train, which would make all the local stops along the way (in the red route).
  4. Not sure if its a typo, but why is the purple line in the east the more distant one (farther from Toronto), while in the east the purple is the closer one.
  5. It basically sound like a variant of the GO RER that is being planned. So little information was released about what Metrolinx is doing with rapid, frequent GO, that everyone has given up on them. I know a lot of people who think a lot of the Regional problems could be solved by improving the GO network, but it seems that it has been ignored in many of the city plans.

Might need a therapist to do that....

Indeed; and it seems having a 9 year opportunity to research and study the subject hasn't changed much.

That said, 3 to 5 minute frequencies on Stouffville line, a repositioned/distributed bus lines to be at Stouffville line stations, and a medium-capacity people mover wrapping around SCC seems pretty reasonable IFF you abandon the GO Express service (all services are all stop) so you can achieve the 5 minute frequencies.

It's also going to be far far far more than $40m; likely closer $5B by the time you add tracks through the core and around Union although, IMO, it's a far better spend of $5B than the proposed SCC.

Last edited:
That said, 3 to 5 minute frequencies on Stouffville line, a repositioned/distributed bus lines to be at Stouffville line stations, and a medium-capacity people mover wrapping around SCC seems pretty reasonable IFF you abandon the GO Express service (all services are all stop) so you can achieve the 5 minute frequencies.

For $40 million?

For $40 million?

Heck no. Closer to $5B to solve problems closer to Union.

Just, if someone gave Scarborough $5B for any transit project at all (rather than being tied to a TTC subway extension); I'd be eyeballing very frequent all-stop service on the Stouffville line + some expansion/reconfiguration of feeder service.

I expect Mississauga will eventually end up with that configuration. Frequent service on Milton line and some kind of people mover around Square One with a connection to both Hurontario LRT (now through only) and Cooksville GO via Confederation Parkway or Palgrave Road.

Last edited:
And fare integration so that it makes sense to take the TTC to the GO from a financial standpoint.

Back